Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser

As much as I like the Regenerist lotions, creams and serums, I think that my favorite Regenerist product is the Daily Regenerating Cleanser. This is a pretty gentle cleanser with little beads added for exfoliation, as well as amino acids and beta hydroxy acids.

According to the Olay website, this cleanser is specially formulated to speed up skin turnover in 2 ways:
Oxygenated derma-bead formula gently removes dead skin surface cells to detoxify
Creamy formula with amino-peptide complex regenerates skin's surface at the cellular level


I find this to be a cleanser that is very gentle on my skin, has pleasant little beads present in it for a little bit of exfoliation (but not too harsh, there is a good amount that makes this great for daily use without fear of over exfoliation), and I really do enjoy using it. There is a light perfume that is similar to the other Regenerist products, but it is overall much lighter. I have no after wash tightness and the formula is very easily washed off. Overall, this is a great cleanser.

Take a peak at the ingredients below:
Water
PPG-15 Stearyl Ether (emollient)
Glycerin (humectant)
Oxidized Plyethylene (appears to be an emulsifier)
Stearyl Alcohol (emollient)
Cetyl Betaine (surfactant)
Salicylic Acid (beta hydroxy acid)
Distearyldimonium Chloride, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Steareth-21, Sodium Chloride, Behenyl Alcohol, PPG-30, Steareth-2. Sodium Glycolate, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carnosine, Disodium EDTA, Ascorbic Acid, Fragrance, Iron Oxides, Beta-Hydroxy, Pro-Vitamin B5, Vitamin E, Amino-Peptide, Vitamin C.


Notice that the surfactant doesn't appear until item #6 on the ingredient list, and even then it is only after 2 emollients and a humectant! No wonder this is such a gentle cleanser. I find it interesting that the cleanser features the Amino-Peptide Complex and Salicylic Acid, because by nature a cleanser doesn't allow these ingredients to be absorbed into the skin, which is how they work best. So, if you're looking for a product that will allow you to get the most out of these ingredients, I would steer you more toward a product like the Micro-Sculpting Cream that I featured yesterday.

I think this cleanser would be great for pretty much everyone, whether your primary concern is anti-aging, basic skin care or even acne. Next time you are at the store looking for a new cleanser, I recommend you check it out!

Olay Regenerist Daily Regenerating Cleanser

9 comments

  1. I love Olay products! Reading your post made me want to try this face cleanser, but I also use 2.5% benzoyl peroxide cream, will that be affected by the Salicylic acid in the cleanser?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That stuff smelled like jelly beans to me... :) I did like it, but I found it too expensive and it gunked up at the end...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will definitely have to try this face wash. I am always looking to try out something new, and with my sensitive skin you never know what will happen. Either washes are too strong and leave my face tight like you mentioned or they aren't strong enough and leave a film that causes me to break out.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this product as well. My skin feels so soft after every use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the opportunity to share with you just how much I enyoy Olay's products. Always interested in what's new!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What are your thoughts on exfoliating daily, no matter how gentle the cleanser is? It seems there are two schools of thought on it. I've been using a chemical exfoliator because it's considered to be gentler on the skin but somedays I get lazy and hate adding the extra step. I'd oonsider an exfoliating cleanser but so many of them are too harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jess- I think that it should be fine to use both the Benzoyl Peroxide and the Salicyclic Acid. With a cleanser the Salicylic Acid is washed off right away and doesn't stay on, and in general using both should be fine.

    Cincyfan- I think it depends on the level of exfoliation that you're doing, truthfully. If you're using a strong exfoliation regime (like the Bioelements Quick Refiner), I think that the skin does need a week here and there to "recover" and regenerate. If you're doing a light exfoliation like what this cleanser provides, I think a time out and daily exfoliation is fine. I think that skipping a day here and there is ok, and is probably good for your skin. Does that make sense, or am I too tired after my 14 hour day at work? :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. i bought this a few months ago and really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi christine,

    i'm curious about this cleanser - i just finished my tube of neutrogena visibly even and i'm looking for something that doesn't leave my skin tight. (ugh, hate that!)

    how is it at removing heavier makeup like foundation? do you have to use a separate makeup remover first?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...