Hairzing

Let me just say up front that this is a great hair accessory! When Hairzing's PR rep contacted me to ask if I would try out their product, I was more than willing to give it a go, but as I read more about their product on-line, I have to admit that I was a little skeptical that this product would work on my new, shorter hair, which is thick and pretty fine in texture. Primarily, this is because many hair accessories simply don't work for me. I thought I may need to send this to my sister who has much longer hair than me. I was wrong!

The Hairzing is basically two metal combs, connected by a web of elastic that is covered in beads. The teeth of the combs are twisted and double back on themselves to get a good grip on your hair. They aren't pointy/sharp at all, and they do NOT get tangled in my hair. What they do accomplish though, is getting a great grip on my hair! I have been wearing this thing on my head since I got it yesterday, and I don't want to take it off! My hair is held up without any falling pieces, looks great, and best of all this is comfortable! You can see a picture of it in my hair here. It works even better with my hair flipped up, one of my favorite hair styles that I haven't been able to wear since my hair is too short for this to work with a clip.

The Hairzing comes in a couple of sizes and a huge array of colors. I think one size that I would buy a huge number of if they made it is about 1 inch tall with about 1-2 inches wide, the perfect size to replace a barrette. I find barrettes to be kinda painful after a few hours, and with all of my hair, it is really hard to find one that fits. Hairzing, are you listening? I want this size, with some just very plain colors (black, tan and brown solids) to wear basically everyday!

As an aside, the Hairzing is also socially conscious, employing women in China and Africa, which you can read more about on their website.

Hairzing

6 comments

  1. It is so cool that you discovered this product! I live in South Africa and it has been available here for quite a while. The range of designs are just beautiful. I am currently growing my hair - it is now almost shoulder length and I hope to be able to use it soon. My sister has very thick, long hair and it is the only product that keeps her hair in place - and does not break because of the weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too was contacted about the possibility of reviewing HairZing and the very first thought that crossed my mind was the need for neutral, basic colors. Without plain colors, I would never consider wearing these~!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great in your hair! I wish my hair was long enough to use one, but I know some people who would like to know about it. I'll forward a link.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hanneri- My hair is just a touch over my shoulders right now, and this does work very well for me, I think you should try it out now!

    Eye4Style- I agree that without more neutral colors I very likely won't wear this out and about. I tend to be very classic and more neutral in my accessories, and some of the Hairzings are very colorful. I was fortunate that the one sent to me was pretty neutral, but if it was available in neutral colors, perhaps even "hair color" tones (to match blonds, brunettes and redheads) I think this would sell better in the US.

    DrDan- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of this. After viewing the website, it looks like it's more convenient and comfortable than a plain ole' hair tie. Just don't like if I could ever actually wear it out in public. I don't really like hair accessories. My hair clips and hair ties are as neutral as it can get.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You never know until you try. Might go well with some of your accessories.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...