Essie's Good to Go: The Fastest Drying Top Coat I've Tried

essie, nail polish, nailpolish, top coat, fast dry, drying
That's right, it's definitely the fastest. You probably know about my nail polish obsession (I have hundreds, I'm very particular about what products I use and I'm sometimes found over on the MUA Nail Board). So, you know that I've definitely tried nearly every top coat/base coat/treatment product for nails!

While Essie makes many of my favorite nail colors, I have to admit that I'd pretty much only tried their non-yellowing top coat, the ridge filling base coat and left it at that. I'd discovered Stickey and Bonder basecoats and fallen in love with my Seche Vite by then. But, recently I decided to give a few more Essie treatment products a shot.

With my love of a quick drying mani, the first product I picked was the Good To Go. Essie promises that it is the "Fastest Drying Top Coat" and while I haven't timed it against every other product on the market, it is most definitely the fastest I've tried!

I'm one of those people that applies their polish coats without waiting for them to dry. I do my base, 2-3 color then top coat. This top coat dries all of these layers within about 5 minutes. They aren't 100% dry, but definitely dry enough to go and do things like empty the dishwasher. That's twice as fast as my Seche Vite!

The shine is a little bit less than Seche Vite, but is still pretty comparable to other top coats. When I did a head to head comparison for wear against Seche Vite I did have a little bit more tip wear at day 5 with the Essie, but both hands developed major chips on day 6 requiring a polish change. So, not much difference!

I think for such a dramatic difference in drying time this is a great product to pick up!

Essie.com

6 comments

  1. i have never been able to grow nails. ever. they would barely make it to my finger tips before they would rip and break. about three months ago i started using the essie Protein Base coat, 2-3 layers of OPI polish and the Essie Good to go top coat. Every third day i put a new layer of top coat on. people ask me if my nails are real. They are so long and pretty and since the Good To Go is self leveling i don't have to worry about looking messy when it dries everything in five minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying this this weekend...I'm checking out my latest obsession nail polish from Dior and I'm gonna check this top coat out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it faster than poshe? please please let me know

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, for me it is MUCH faster than Poshe. Poshe is a bit slower than SV, SV takes about 10 minutes or so to be dry to the touch, an hour to really be dry. This takes about 5 minutes to be dry to the touch, about 15 minutes at the most to be really dry. There's a little bit less shine, but still similar to other non-SV/Poshe top coats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Thought it was the fastest until I found "Dazzle Dry"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello , and thank you for your blog. Have you tried Nail Tek Quicken? Dried about 4 or 5 layers of Clutch Me if You Can by Essie on top of Nail Tek Foundation 2 (with no sheet marks)!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...