Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+, I DIE!

Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+, daily, broad spectrum uv range coverage
I know her show is a bit 2000 and late (I don't care, I love her and her show), but I was having a full-on Rachel Zoe moment when I checked my email and found information about Kiehl's lastest product.

Literally, I was fawning and gasping over an email. It's a really good thing my husband wasn't home, he would have thought I was crazy. I honestly said "Oh My God, I DIE!" I was about ready to put on my giant sunglasses (I have them, oh yes I do) and self tan my skin into a deep bronze.

And when you hear more about the product that hit Kiehls.com on Cinco de Mayo, you'll be fawning too!


Kiehl's promises that this product is incredibly light weight and is meant to be used over your daily moisturizer and under your makeup. It has a translucent, oil-free, water-resistant and photo-stable formula. It does need to be shaken because they sacrificed having more emulsifiers to make it so lightweight. They used emulsifiers that "when shaken the energy activated emulsifiers perfectly combine the ingredients temporarily for a fast penetrating fluid that is ultra-light and leaves no visible residue on skin." They call it "Shaka Shaka technology." Which makes me laugh. But, if it works then I'm not going to complain.

I haven't tried it out yet, but I'm willing to bet that it won't be long before the product is sold out for a while. So, I had to share while I wait to test it myself.







Yes, it is true. They claim this product is lightweight and able to be used under your makeup. SPF 50 and broad spectrum UV coverage!

Kiehl's Super Fluid UV Defense SPF 50+

5 comments

  1. Do you think this will compare well with RochePosay anthelios or Neutrogena (my derm's holy grails of sunscreen)? It looks like it'd wear so much better under moisturizer and makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the main issue will be how they are under makeup. I bought the La Roche-Posay Anthelios 60 for face to review, and Neutrogena sent me the Ultra Sheer in 55 and 70 as samples.

    Looking at the active ingredients they all have the same sunscreen ingredients. Note that Neutrogena boasts of Helioplex, which just means that they have combined Avobenzone and Oxybenzone. The Oxybenzone stabilizes the Avobenzone, making it degrade less with UV exposure. All of the products have this combination.

    I'm interested to see how they all compare. The Kiehl's sounds very light and easy to use under makeup, since it was designed to do just that. I'm particularly excited because my skin just loves all Kiehl's products. One of my readers (hi Joyce!) commented a few days ago that she bought the Neutrogena product, but was a bit disappointed in the sunscreen smell. I haven't heard how the La Roche-Posay compares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christine!

    Thanks so much for letting me know. I'm really excited to see your review of Le Roche Posay! I have never tried Kiehl's but everyone raves about it so I figure I should try it soon. I've been using cetaphil to moisturize and just sunscreen in the mornings but I think I need an oil-balancing combination moisturizer for night and day. I think someone recommended Kiehl's imperialis? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I DIE!

    I am a sunscreen fanatic. Lately I've been crushing on the Obaji daily sunscreen, but mine is almost out. Might have to give this one a try--everything from Kiehl's is so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The anthelios 60 (shaka shaka) is the first one to have had this technology. It s lighweight, it leaves a matte finish, yet the skin feels supple. Undermake make up it s simply perfection- and it s fragrance free, non comedogenic and good for sensitive skin. I am abig big fan. I heard they just launched the same technology (which by the way contains antioxidant too: dble duty) in a spf 45 for face and another spf 45 for body.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...