OPI Black Shatter Nail Polish

OPI black shatter nail polish, swatch, review, crackle
We're about to see black shattered nail polish layered over everything on everyone's nails. You'll see it at the grocery store, the mall and likely on some of the ladies in your local PTA. Why? Mainly because of OPI's new Black Shatter nail polish. While shatter nail polish is nothing new (you've been able to hunt it down pretty easily on-line for years), OPI has dramatically improved how it is done and they're releasing Black Shatter with 2 different mini-collections this winter (their collaborations with Katy Perry and Serena Williams).

Read on to learn more about Black Shatter

The idea is that the chemicals in Black Shatter are not compatible, so as the polish dries it takes on this crackled finish. Other companies that have done this in the past have had inconsistent results with shatters that didn't shatter, inconsistent or prolong drying times or wear times that ranked in the hours (rather than days).

OPI Black Shatter Nail Polish, swatch, review
Here you can see Black Shatter drying. I did quick, thin coats (over already dried polish) starting with my pinky finger and moving to the right. A thin coat will have small shatters, thicker will be bigger shatters. You can see that it does dry very quickly as it is already "shattered" in the minute or so this took me to complete and snap a quick pic. The polish itself dries matte and you will need a top coat over this, the shatters seem to be pretty fragile in my experience. You could go without, but the shatters are a bit powdery and will fall apart after a few hours.





This polish is part of the Katy Perry Collection and Serena Williams Collaboration
OPI Nail Polish

16 comments

  1. seen the polish around never liked it too much but with the glitter it looks cute :)

    http://alltheprettystuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love how nail varnish is getting better and better

    http://beaufashionxoxo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait for this to come out!! I love the shatter over the Teenage Dream!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow-here's a flashback. I like it over the Teenage Dream one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Saw this in Cosmo in an ad and I have been dying to try it!! Where did u get it??
    I get my nails done at the salon but I am hoping my salon will start to carry this or that I can get my hands on a bottle to bring with me next time I get my nails done..

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's just hitting stores now, and it seems to not really have a uniform roll out date. I've heard it's already out in some JC Penny Sephoras (and then sold out), some have it out in their ULTAs already, some stores won't get it for weeks. It was on-line at Trans Design a couple of days ago, but sold out in about 6 hours.

    This one is going to take some tracking down to get a bottle of in the next week or so, but I'd expect to find it at ULTA, JCP, other Beauty Supplies (like Trade Secret, Beauty First) sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great color

    I have a first GIVEAWAY: Hard Candy makeup products
    if interested check out
    http://pinklemonincrystal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can order a bottle at www.mbeautylounge.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is so cool but I am wondering if it only works on top of OPI polish or if it works on any brand? Anyone know?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anon- It works over any brand of polish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the info! Now I really want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for those great up close pictures. Now I can really see what all the fuss is about. Your nails look great. I'm going to ask for this affect tomorrow when I go for a manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Cool!! Perfect way to individualize!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is THE new thing everyone has to try!!! I LOVE IT!!! I also ordered a bottle!! And, I got a couple extra for gifts in the future for my friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow that quite an interesting nail pattern.it looks really nice,i think am gonna try it doing those patterns hopefully i don't mess up

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...