China Glaze's Crackle, As Good As Shatter?

China Glaze Shatter Crackle Nail Polish Review
Shortly after OPI's release of Black Shatter Crackle Nail Polish, China Glaze released their Crackles collection. It is the same idea as the OPI polish, though made by China Glaze and currently available in a wider array of colors. (OPI will be releasing more crackle polishes with upcoming collections, including an entire range of shatters in May.)


You can see from this image that the effect is exactly the same. China Glaze also released a black, making this an excellent alternative buy for those that still can't find OPI's Black Shatter. I love the different types of effects that I can achieve with the China Glaze shatters. These three shades are all over the same metallic (Dolce & Gabbana Platinum), but the feeling changes quite a bit depending on the shatter.

Read on to see a few more examples with Lightening Bolt.




While the effect is the same as OPI's Black Shatter, in my opinion the two are not quite equal. China Glaze's version is a bit more watery and prone to separation, so shake very well before application. It is a bit easier to create different crackle effects with the OPI by varying the direction of application, something that I had a really hard time achieving with the China Glaze. OPI also dries and crackles more quickly, which could be good or bad depending on your point of view. However, I did find that China Glaze was more durable, lasting a day or two longer than the OPI which was a 48 hour manicure on me.

China Glaze


I bought these colors, and then China Glaze sent me a sample a few weeks later. Which means I have some very happy friends. :D

4 comments

  1. Hey, lovely post! The polishes look amazing, and I would love to try them! The colours are beautiful!

    Was wondering if you would check out my blog? Please have a look and let me know what you think. I am very new at all of this! I would also appreciate if you enjoy my blog, that you follow. Thank You, xxx


    http://fbegumstar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there.
    I read your post and i found it very useful because you made a comparison between OPI and China Glaze.
    Thanks for the informations.

    http://www.makeupbysinead.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting to read a comparison as I have only tried the crackle and not the shatter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stumbled across your blog and it's great! It seems that the crackle effect on the China Glaze is a lot more chunky than OPI or Barry M's. I like it though, the colours are lovely.

    Keep up the great work :)

    Much Love,
    Lauran
    xxx

    lamourlauran.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...