Aveeno Baby: A Physical Sunscreen for Everyone

Aveeno Baby: A Physical Sunscreen for Everyone, review
A few days ago, I promised to share a great physical sunscreen that I've been using. Yes, it's a baby sunscreen, but I swear it is amazing. Why use a physical sunscreen over a chemical one? Physical sunscreens are typically not absorbed into the skin (I say this with the caveat that newer, micronized physical sunscreens can be absorbed), so they are better for those with skin conditions and are the only sunscreens recommended for use in kids from 6-24 months by the AAP.

My biggest problems with physical sunscreens are really just due to the weight of them. I feel like they are heavier on my skin, make me feel sticky and often leave behind a white cast to the skin. Aveeno seems to have gotten around most of those issues with this product. There really is no scent and the thick white cream doesn't take much rubbing to completely disappear into skin. Once applied I can't feel it on my skin, so this is a dramatic improvement over other physical sunscreens.

I tried out the sunscreen stick as well. It is a creamy white stick that has a slightly waxy feeling. It does leave a bit of a white tint behind in addition to a slightly tacky feeling on my skin. However, since this isn't something that you apply to your whole body, I think this is fine for my ears, cheeks and nose.





Aveeno

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the recommendation. I will give this product a try.

    I am currently using a physical sunscreen by Glycolix. It works well, but when I am outside, I am exercising and I sweat---a lot. The sunscreen blends into my skin well and does not feel heavy, but I sweat white colored sweat. I am going to try setting it with a translucent powder and see how that works out for me.

    Oh to be a not sweaty baby!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...