Michael Kors Suede Review: Yes, this is a Spring/Summer Scent!

Michael Kors Suede perfume, fragrance, review, notes
I don't know about you, but to me Suede is a fall/winter item. It looks warm and cozy. I want suede shoes, bags and other accessories in fall and winter. It doesn't exactly inspire me for spring.

However, this limited edition scent from my beloved Michael is great for this time of year. This is primarily a floral scent with a bit of citrus leaning. Somehow it is just a little bit warm and sensual, and yes, the name suede does work really well.

inspired by the sensuality, tenderness and simplicity of suede against the skin.

Notes:
Top Notes: Mandarin, Orange Flower, Waterlily, Violet Leaves
Middle Notes: Jasmine Sambac, Tuberose, Michelia, Gardenia
Base Notes: Creamy Sandalwood, Plumeria, Sensual Musks, Cashmere Woods

Like other Michael Kors scents, this is pretty strong on the Tuberose. For me there is no dry down, I have the same floral scent throughout with Tuberose and Gardenia (that note does fade a little bit over time), though there is just a hint of fuzzy warmth, I think it is a bit of the sensual musks and cashmere woods. I also pick up a hint of the mandarin and orange flower, adding a little bit of a citrus note.

The overall effect is a very pretty floral citrus with a little bit of warm coziness. But, it is a more sensual and less obvious warmth than many of the "warm" floriental fragrances that I love to wear in the fall and winter. This is great for work, running errands, heading out for dinner...

My only complaint is staying power. It lasts about 4-6 hours on me. I wish there was a lotion to layer it with. I apply this one behind my knees in addition to my typical wrists and neck to get closer to the 6 hour mark.


Michael Kors

1 comment

  1. I love the Kors fragrances. They do all have an overtly note of Tuberose. For me, I love his fragrances. Yes I love tuberose. They are beautiful scents. They stand out in the crowd. My nose would follow someone a mile just to smell "Michael". I can identity with that fragrance. I owned that back in 2003. After that, I couldn't buy it anywhere. MACYS stopped selling it. I just found out Belk is carrying it. I am purchasing Michael Kors Suede tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...