Mommy Fast Beauty: Shannon from A Girl's Gotta Spa


fast beauty
Having four sons has its pros and cons. Pro? No one touches my makeup. Con? They could care less about the intense focus needed to get ready and constantly need me "urgently" for something. I mean, how can I apply my liquid liner the right way when my 5 year old is tugging on my shirt complaining that his brothers won't let him win at Ninjago?

Here's my go-to products when I need to get my makeup and hair done quick, fast and in a hurry:

Redken Powder Fresh Dry Shampoo: Dry shampoo is a must for me. I don't wash my hair every day (and neither should you), so a few sprays of this and my hair looks like I took an hour to make it look fab. Smells good too!

Renee Rouleau Citrus C Lotion: Your skin always needs moisture and no amount of makeup can make it look good without being properly hydrated. I love how this citrus lotion smells and feels on my skin.

Maybelline The Falsies Volume Express Mascara: This non-clumping mascara makes it easy to whisk through application without too much fuss.

AVON Purple Haze Eyeshadow Quad: I never use individual eyeshadows, as I'm much more of a color-by-numbers kind of girl. And since I'm all over the violet eyeshadow trend, this quad is my go-to eyeshadow.

Bailey Cosmetics Foundation Duo: I love this mineral makeup powder foundation. The one pictured is for fair skin tones and has powder for the fall/winter and spring/summer (when your skin will be darker.)

Bailey Cosmetics Blush: This blush tone is universally appealing with buildable color.

Youngblood Cosmetics Kabuki Brush: This is my go-to brush for my foundation, blush and highlighter. It is super durable. I love it!

SimplyVera Vera Wang Liquid Eyeliner: The eyeliner application is the only aspect of this routine that takes the longest so that I have a precise line. But this liner is amazing!

Brows Gone WOW Tinted Brow Gel: Works just like a mascara wand to apply colored gel to your brows that will tame stray ones and fill in sparse areas.

L'Oreal Le Gloss from New York Nudes Collection: Keeping it simple and more of a nude lip with a bit of shimmer.

Since all of these products don't require anything too labor intensive, I can get my face (and hair) done in 15 minutes or less. Mom is happy to look good and can face the world, kids are happy that their referee is back in action.

Have you tried any of these products?


Shannon is the blogger behind A Girl's Gotta Spa, which launched in 2005. When not indulging in beauty treatments, she has 4 super cute boys (I've seen pics!), works in social media, and can sometimes be found on WBRE TV’s PA Live. We're in a lot of the same blogging groups, and she is always incredibly helpful.


1 comment

  1. Shannon is the best! I really need to shorten my time to get ready. 20-30 minutes is my goal. I'm going to try that foundation. The only product I've tried on the list is the mascara. I like it too :)

    Valerie C.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...