Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

I will freely admit to being a Kiehl's Addict of the highest proportions. I love Kiehl's, everything by Kiehl's and usually head there first when having skin issues. But, for some reason when looking for hand cream, I've never looked there. I have usually used little travel sized bottles of fragrant lotions from Bath and Body Works or a similar store, never with the effects I was looking for.

My job is particularly tough on my hands. I wash my hands probably 2-3 times an hour, usually with the same soap used for "scrubbing in" in the operating rooms (this is the soap that they stock my part of the hospital with). So, you can imagine the beating my hands usually take, then throw in low humidity and some wind outside, and I'm likely to be cracked and bleeding.

I recently picked up a tube of Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve, and it seems to be doing a great job so far. I have been applying it 2-3 times a day, and despite my obsessive hand washing, I have hands that are moisturized, without a crack in site! The formula is meant to provide a "glove-like" barrier against moisture loss, and it contains a lot of botanicals according to Kiehl's. When I apply it, there is a cooling feeling for about 60 seconds. Although the formula is a little greasy, if I avoid putting the cream on my palms this doesn't really bother me at all. I'm not sure this is a cream I need year round, but as a rescue treatment in the winter season, I haven't found anything better yet!

Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

2 comments

  1. Have you ever tried the Neutrogena hand salve? The ingredients must be very similar. I only use it in the dead of winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve is the best hand salve I have found. I have tried others, but they are greasy. I love to keep a tube in my purse so that wherever I go, if my hands become dry, I can put a little on. Indeed, a little goes along way. Despite Amy's comment, you can use it year round. You just need to use less in the summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...