Blistex Medicated Lip Ointment and Soothing Splash

In a few days I'll be going out of town for work. This isn't something that I do very often, and I'll be leaving warm and sunny California for Chicago! I love this city, and having lived in Michigan for the majority of my life I've obviously been to Chicago a huge number of times. There's just one problem.... I don't care what the forecast says right now, whenever I'm in Chicago in the Fall or Spring, it is guaranteed that it will turn to high of 50's, overcast and rainy and Chicago will live up to it's name of the Windy City! Which means, I will be wandering around the city in the cold and wet with the wind whipping my hair all over the place! I will be cold and miserable while outside.

I can just feel my freshly "facialed" skin (is that even a word) freezing while the moisture is sucked out of my skin! I will become a dry and flaky mess!

One of the first things I know that I'm packing for this trip is my Blistex. I've been using the Medicated Lip Ointment for years, and for pretty much as long as I can remember I've been switching out my regular lip balm every fall to this as a prevention against dry, painful lips. I absolutely love this stuff! It has an angled tip which makes this ointment very easy to apply and it tingles very slightly on my lips. It makes my lips feel very silky, and really helps them to stay smooth and hydrated in even the worst weather! This formula has 4 different medications and tons of emollients to really help lips, which is why it's been one of my staples for years.

Now, the forecast for this weekend is actually calling for Saturday and Sunday to be mostly sunny with temps in the 60s and 70s (but watch for the Friday and Monday cold and wet to sneak into the weekend, I swear it will!), which means that if I'm not in the cold, wet wind of Chicago that the Medicated Lip Ointment is likely huge overkill.

So, in addition to my medicated ointment, I'll be brining this Soothing Splash with me as well. This is a really great lip balm, in large part because it's not really a balm! This is a liquid that comes in this really great rollerball applicator. It has a light and cool feeling when you initially apply it to your lips, and it quickly absorbs into your lips leaving behind lips that are silky and super hydrated! This is the perfect "step down" in product to bring with me to Chicago, you can bet this product will be in my pocket all weekend long!

Blistex products are available at pretty much any drugstore, Target, Meijer, really anywhere. Pick it up next time you're out and about!


Photo Credit: Miguel Virkkunen Carvalho via Compfight cc

1 comment

  1. Ahhhh good old standbys like Blistex really are the simple way to beauty. I have a ton of friends who stand by Carmex for the same reason. Though they haven't launched any cool updates like Blistex. ht

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...