A Trip to the L'Oreal Paris Store and Finally! I Try Infallible Never Fail Lip Colour


Only a few people know of the L'Oreal Paris stores, they are somehow a very well kept secret. There are only two in the US and on my recent "Beauty Tour" with other Total Beauty Bloggers I finally visited the store in Beverly Hills!

Truly, this store is awesome. They have every L'Oreal product sold in the US. They have some that are no longer sold in the US because the color was discontinued (so try calling if your favorite lipstick is now gone). They even have items that are only sold in Europe!

They have a huge wall of all the hair colors and their staff is even trained on its use by the same colorist that creates the looks for L'Oreal's television commercials. Really. So, if you are part way through an at-home dye job you can call to ask a question!

I also loved the testing area. The entire center of the store is filled with testers of all the products and colors so you can try out all of the foundations to find the perfect one (and their makeup artists will help you out if you're stumped, like I was!)

I think my favorite part was the light pod. You go into a little room and hit a button. The lighting will change to simulate that lighting! It could be "Overcast Day" or "Indoor Florescent Lighting" and the room replicates it perfectly! You can use this room to test out the new foundation you just put on in a variety of lights or even try a new look for going out that night. I loved this room! In fact, when the group first arrived at L'Oreal Michelle and I pretty much were immediately in the light pod playing with the buttons. Meanwhile they were starting a presentation in the main store and we got called out! (Oops!) I was so enamored with the light pod that I forgot to take a picture, but Laurie from Beauty's Spot got a great one, so take a peek!

While at the store we were able to pick out some products to take home (I know you are jealous!) and then they gave us a cute bag with even more products to take home! So, watch for lots of upcoming L'Oreal reviews, especially of those Skin Genesis products that have been so hyped. I brought a lot of skin care to try out (big surprise, huh? I am a bit of a skin care nut!)

Infallible Never Fail Lip Colour
One of the products that I was most interested in trying out is the Infallible Never Fail Lip Colour. This is the one with Beyonce in the limo getting ready for the red carpet? With the lip color that is so perfect on her?

Personally, the only reason I haven't bought this product yet is my difficulty with picking a color. I stand in front of the selection at my local store rather often, not able to pick a shade. I think this is mostly because rather than being able to see the actual product, you see an opaque colored plastic container for the lip color. Who knows what color is really inside of that? What if it has a bit more gold or is too blue based? Well, at the L'Oreal store I was able to play with the colors (which are exactly the same color as that plastic, by the way). Amber of Beauty Blogging Junkie and I both ended up picking out Azalea as our color.

I love the idea of perfect lips that last for forever. How great is that for my crazy life? I already like Cover Girl Outlast, so this product has a lot to live up to.

So, how is it? The lip color is used exactly like the similar products from Cover Girl and Max Factor. A liquid color coat is applied much like a gloss with a clear shine balm that can be applied over it as often as wanted. The color applies easily and the color was very pretty! Within a minute or so the color is dried enough to apply the clear coat which is shiny, feels hydrating and lasts for a few hours.

The color promises 16 hours of wear, I think I was getting more like 12-14 hours of perfect lip color, the last few hours weren't as pretty. Don't try to reapply the color coat, once the clear coat has been applied a second color coat will basically crumble off of your lips (which is definitely not pretty!) It's probably best to simply remove with a makeup remover and start fresh if you need more color.

Next time I'm looking for a long wear lippie I will look more closely at the Infallible colors, I'm sure I'll want another color!

Infallible Never Fail Lip Colour
Images: L'Oreal Paris

5 comments

  1. i don't know how else i would have chosen a color had it not been for the L'Oreal store! but i do love the lasting power...i'm not usually a fan of "long-lasing" formulas, but this one is, like you said, a good one! btw, i have azalea and hibiscus...both very pretty pinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister tried the infallible lip color and she didn't like it much. The packaging is so cute though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Genesis line smells divine and was great for my somewhat oily skin. I was using the serum and moisturizer without SPF at night and really liked it. I got in on the good deals at Walgreens a few months back and got both products for around $12 total.

    Mr. Sasha liked the way it smelled too.

    I stopped using it because I am concentrating on my pretty bad hyperpigmentation right now and these won't do much for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful opportunity. In the Midwest, we only have one type of day: overcast. Easy D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Having lived in West Hartford (Westfarms Mall borders West Hartford and Farmington), I never realized that L'Oreal Paris stores were all that unusual. I mean, I'd only ever seen the one there, but I didn't know it was one of two.

    I have to agree that it's a pretty fascinating store. I'd get sucked in there and it'd take forever for whoever I was shopping with to drag me out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...