Length and Volume in 1 Step: CoverGirl Lash Blast Fusion Mascara Review

covergirl lashblast fusion mascara review
I've been doing mascara reviews with my before, after and after a day of wear photos. You've seen my admittedly average lashes look long, volumized and curled. Sometimes things smudge like crazy or refuse to come off even with a great makeup remover.

You likely know that I want it all- easy to apply mascara that gives me that amazing look, maintains the curl all day long, won't smudge or flake off and is easy to remove. The mascaras that can do this go into my "Holy Grail" category. If you take a peek there you'll see that very few have met all of these criteria. In fact, it's been 2 years since I've tagged a mascara as Holy Grail (that was Max Factor's Volume Couture- You can't buy it in the US any more). 2 years of pretty good, but not amazing mascara. I was forced to layer lengthening and volumizing mascaras. Until today.

covergirl lashblast fusion mascara before and after
Somehow, I was not surprised that CoverGirl managed to create another Holy Grail mascara for me. With their Lash Blast line, they have created an amazing volume mascara, an even better lengthening mascara, and now they've saved me the trouble of layering the 2 together by creating LashBlast Fusion.

I use 2 coats of this mascara, and the results are amazing. My lashes are noticeably longer, and much, much thicker. There can be a little bit of clumping if I'm not careful, but with the rubberized applicator brush I do think it's easier to avoid this than with a "normal" nylon mascara brush. (I'm just now realizing that the pic above was likely one of my "clumpier" days.) At the end of the day I lose a little curl, but the volume and especially the length are still there.

How does it compare to the Original LashBlast and LashBlast Length formulas? It's a little less volume than the original formula, but I do find that this is more lengthening than the Length formula. (Maybe it's me, but I didn't get a lot more length from that formula) Fusion really is the best of both worlds.

CoverGirl LashBlast Fusion

6 comments

  1. I've been waiting for you to review this mascara! I'm definitely going to try this out now. Thank you! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce- I have to confess that CoverGirl sent it to me at the time they were doing pre-sales on-line, but I got it after they were all sold out. I've been secretly using it like crazy on my own, waiting to publish it until I saw the product in the store. I was pretty sure that people would complain if I gave it a great review and then they couldn't find it anywhere! My tube is brown-black and I'm going to be picking it up in black for sure sometime soon. I'm hoping they come out with a waterproof version as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your post. I really like your blog. I know you said that you didn't experience any flaking with this mascara, but I was wondering if it kept your lashes soft? I find some mascaras to be very stiff and others are so soft that you can almost run your fingers through them. Was just wondering how you would classify this one? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, doesn't all mascara make your lashes stiff? I'm wearing the Lash Blast Fusion right now on one eye, and the original Lash Blast volume on the other. Volume wise, I think they're about the same, but the Fusion gives slightly more length. I already have long and thick lashes, but this product amps it up a bit. They're not soft by any means, but they don't clump like in the photos by Christine (though I always use a lash comb after I apply mascara, so that probably helps). What mascara have you used that left your eyelashes soft?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, pretty much all mascaras make your lashes stiff, though honestly I don't know anyone that is going around checking to see if their lashes are soft.

    Tara, I agree with you about the lash comb. I do use a lash comb normally (I like to use a metal one from Sephora), though since about 99% of women skip this step I don't use the lash comb for my review pics. In person my lashes don't look clumpy with this mascara, though they do a little in these pics (which I even commented on in the review above).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...