Currently Obsessing Over: Estée Lauder Pure Color Posh Petal Palette

Estée Lauder Pure Color Posh Petal Palette, review, swatch
Recently Estée Lauder released a collection of Pure Color Eye Shadows created by Tom Pecheux, Creative Makeup Director for Estée Lauder. The palettes really made their debut at the Fall 2010 Derek Lam show, but I believe the addition of the duos was new in August. As well, 56 additional shades were introduced. Regardless, they sent out a few samples and I fell hard for the 5 shadow palette that they sent me.

The shadows in these palettes are amazing. There are 5 different finishes: matte, satin, shimmer, metallic and frost. Your eye will not scream "Look at me! I'm wearing a frost!" This isn't that ugly 70's frost we all think of when we hear frost. Instead, the finishes are all subtle differences in texture. Perfect to mix and match for different day and night looks.

The shadows are now available in duos, which are really easy for a simple look. I personally prefer the 5 shadow palettes, which are great for slightly mixing things up.

"These palettes are my babies. They create so many looks for women from daytime to a naughty nighttime date and give you the option to play with your look.
-Tom Pecheux


Read on to see the palette that has my heart all aflutter.

Currently Obsessing Over: Estée Lauder Pure Color Posh Petal Palette, swatch, review



This is Posh Petals, obviously part of the pink-berry family. (My swatch starts in the lower left and goes clockwise, the last is the middle "eye liner" shadow.) This palette has been absolutely perfect to create a natural but not overly bland/nude eye look for every day.

I typically start with the pink/peach in the lower left and then add a little shading with the darker pinks in my crease and end with the darker pinky-mauve-taupe (it also has a bit of same color shimmer that I couldn't pick up here) in the outer V on my lid. I also line my eye with a black liquid liner (my fave is currently the one from Stila), and then I use the darker liner shadow over that, smudged into the lash line with a stiff and slanted brush. I know it sounds like a lot, but really that's about 5 swipes of a brush and it is done in 2-3 minutes at the most.

These shadows are well pigmented, apply easily and blend without turning into a muddy mess. They last all day without any creasing issues. I love this palette and can't stop reaching for it every morning!

Estée Lauder Pure Color Eye Palette

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...