2 Steps to False Looking Lashes? DJV Beautenizer's Volume Lash

Fiberwig, DJV, Volume Lash, Mascara review
I wrote my Fiberwig Mascara Review nearly 4 years ago. At the time Fiberwig was the hot new mascara and it was flying off of the shelves at Sephora. I snagged my tube at Sephora in Chicago on Michigan Avenue. I happened to be standing directly next to the mascara display as it was being restocked. All of the tubes were gone within about 2 minutes.

If you read the comments in my original Fiberwig review, you'll see that Minty recommended layering Fiberwig over a volumizing mascara for a more dramatic look. This idea is perfect- the base of a volumizing mascara followed by Fiberwig, which really does have little fibers in it to add amazing length to lashes. Such a great idea!

DJV (the company that makes Fiberwig) asked me to try out Volume Lash as it was being released to the US. They recommend using it with the new Fiberwig XL, which came out this summer. When used together there are a few tricks to getting the best results, but the lashes at the end are well worth the trouble!

The first time I wore this mascara duo to work, I had about 5 conversations with complete strangers about my lashes. And were they real? How did I get my false lashes so perfectly applied and what was my secret? I also had a chat with my friend Pam about the mascaras, complete with writing down the names of products and giving application tips! Most people were shocked that they weren't false lashes, but were my own lashes. I also had a lot of issues with my eye wear on that day, every time I blinked my lashes pushed against the inside of my glasses so much that it was hard to completely close my eyes. And the glass was getting smudgy.


I took all of my before and after pics on a day that I was a bit light on the amount of mascara applied. I didn't want to make the mascara look crazy clumpy. I took the smaller pic above at the end of the day a few days later in which I'd used the duo normally, and had been kicking myself all day for not retaking a few before and after pics that morning. You can see that the volume and length are amazing, my lashes are up into my eye brows!

You should definitely check out the DJV Beautenizer website for some very helpful application tips. I've found that I need to wipe the wand very well with a kleenex before application or the clumps can just show up everywhere. I use the Volume Lash on my entire lash, wiggling it around to get a good application on all of my lashes. When the mascara is still wet I move on to the Fiberwig and apply this only to the last 1/3 or 1/4 of the lash. I want the fibers at the tips to create the extra length. Then I might use my metal eyelash brush to pull apart any clumps, but I've found that this technique avoids most of them. Once the whole kit and kaboodle is dry I then pull out my lash curler and use it only at the very base of the lashes. This creates a good curl that lasts all day (curling first makes it much clumpier during application and the lash will actually straighten out quickly).

Both mascaras are film-coating mascaras, so they create a coat of mascara around each hair. They are very smudge and flake resistant. During removal I use warm water and gently apply pressure to my lashes with my fingertips, kind of rolling the lashes and pulling down toward the tips to remove the mascara. Little pieces of mascara will just fall right off. If you try to use a regular eye makeup remover and rub you will end up with a difficult to fully remove glop of... gunk. Just don't do it. Use just warm water, a bit of pressure and your life will be much easier! I use makeup remover afterwards to fully remove my eye liner.

This is definitely the closest I've ever been to my ideal of having lashes that look false but are actually mine. I definitely call this a success!

DJV Beautenizer

7 comments

  1. Whoa, your lashes are huge! All these awesome products are making them super glam.

    Kindness is the best accessory,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was huge........loved it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those mascaras a lot. My lashes didn't look quite as lush as yours but I had them at different times so I never layered them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want some of this. Where do you recommend getting it? I found it on Amazon, but it's $24! Do you know of a place that's cheaper? I'm on a budget....

    Mabel
    Mabel Time

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a Sephora exclusive (which is also sold via Amazon like all of Sephora's items), so you won't be able to get it anywhere in the US. I'm currently running a contest where 5 people can win the duo, go and enter!
    Win Fiberwig & Volume Lash

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should say "anywhere else in the US" only via Sephora. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really don't like messing with my eyes that much. This is a great alternative to fake eyelashes for me. Seems easy enough and hassle free.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...