5 Years of Favorite Products: Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

kiehls, kiehl's ultimate strength hand salve review
I've review a lot of hand cremes over the years, but I keep coming back to this one. At work we can use some pretty harsh hand soap (need to kill the ICU germies!), but we took this to an entirely higher and crazy level when I was still in training a few years ago.

That's right, the ICU where I did my fellowship used surgical scrub as hand soap. Rather than the just plain old harsh regular hospital soap. It was the most drying stuff ever, and if I didn't get a moisturizer on my skin pronto my ezcema would flare and I'd be a red and rashy mess.

By far and away the best hand lotion to keep my skin comfortable and looking good during the months that I was "on-service" was this one from Kiehl's. It isn't exactly cheap, but the bottles are pretty big and would last me at least six months.

Once I started bringing Ultimate Strength in to work with me a few other people got hooked, and then a few others... and it kind of snow balled. We were giving it to each other as gifts. It was amazing.

Why did the nurses, docs and I love it so much? This stuff isn't girly, so any one was willing to use it. It has a light fresh scent that disappears quickly. It is a thick white cream that just soothes immediately as you are applying, and it fully sinks into your skin. No greasiness left behind. Perhaps most importantly, it worked so well that you only needed to apply it every 3 or 4 hand washes. When using surgical scrub. That's definitely Ultimate Strength.


4 comments

  1. That's Awesome i would love to try your hand Salve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fiance received this for Christmas, and I've "somehow" appropriated it for personal use at the hospital. :) It *is* wonderful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've gotten the other therapists hooked on it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Couldn't agree more on this particular review! My previous hand lotion go-to was L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream, and though it was very good, I found it to be a touch on the greasy side. When I found Kiehl's Hand Salve, I found that same moisturizing characteristics without the greasiness. Win!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...