Milani Runway Eyes: Review and Swatches

Have you seen these new shadows from Milani? They're the latest additions to the Runway Eyes shadow collection from Milani. I fully admit to having seen the Runway Eyes previously and completely dismissing them. How good could they be? I was skeptical of the strange long and skinny shape of each shadow, they are actually elevated above the compact instead of imbedded in the compact, and I admit that I'm a shadow snob. I expect only too powdery and not well pigmented shadows to be available for a decent price. So I've passed on them.

Read on to see what these shadows look like in swatches and to hear why I'll be hunting down more of the collection.


Yes, at first glance these shadows are really colorful. You probably could use them to create a look, but really... would you want to? I always find those looks pretty to look at on the computer or in a magazine, but in person... it comes across as a bit crazy. I wonder about that person's sanity a tad.

So, I think of these shadows as accent colors. It's definitely easier to imagine using that deep purple or the blue as an accent, isn't it? The teal would be beautiful under your bottom lash line. The purple is great as a color wash. Orange and red have been used recently on the runways as color washes as well, though if you work in a more conservative field like I do, it might be wise to keep that look just to the weekend.


The palette is a bit easier to work in to my "everyday" life, and it really has been a nice addition to my shadow collection.

These shadows are nicely pigmented, not to "powdery" and they blend easily. I've found that they have great staying power, especially if used over a shadow primer.


Milani Cosmetics

1 comment

  1. nice review!:)

    Nay
    xx
    http://highstreetmusictravelandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...