Prescriptives On-Line Foundation Custom Blending: I can't wait to share!

prescriptives custom blend foundation
Remember "back in the day" of a few years ago, when Prescriptives counters were all over the country and the indulgence of custom blended foundation was super easy? It was something I always meant to do, but never had time. I've been told by makeup artists (Jake Bailey in particular) that I'm very difficult to match in the foundation department. Jake told me I'm worse than Nicole (Kidman) and Julianne (Moore). I'm not quite super pale, but I'm not very pigmented either. And my undertones seem a bit cool, but kind of aren't.

All this confusion probably explains why I always have so much trouble picking out foundation for myself, even when faced with a wall of samplers at Sephora. My current best matches are CoverGirl TruBlend 415 and CoverFX N20.

Well, it turns out that you can still custom blend, you just do so on-line!

I had an appointment for my consultation a few days ago, and I'm too excited about it to wait to share until I have my perfect blend.

It's pretty easy. Make an appointment on-line, and have a picture of yourself (in natural light with minimal face makeup) ready to upload. You should also have a mirror and a foundation that is a somewhat decent match for you available.

My appointment was with Erica, who has 12 years experience with custom blending at the counters, but now works on-line. Our entire appointment lasted less than 15 minutes, and I was able to give her my preferences about coverage, finish (I'm going to get a little glow!), moisturizing or oil fighting and finally even chose the level on added anti-aging ingredients. I uploaded the picture I had available, and we talked about my coloring for a few minutes. Erica said that looking mostly at my neck, she thought I was likely so hard to match because while I have warm undertones (not surprising given the coloring of all my family members. They like to be warm toned with red or auburn hair, like my mom and sister), I have quite a bit of cool/pink over that. So, depending on what is predominate on a given day I could look mostly cool toned (I've always thought I was cool toned), but I have enough warm tone in there to throw things off.

Now that I've had my initial consultation in about 24-48 hours Erica will send me my recipe and a link to go online and order my foundation. From there, the foundation will be sent to me, but it will have a free return label, so if things aren't quite right I can email with Erica, she can tweak my recipe as needed and I ship it back. Back and forth until things are perfect!

I'll update when I receive my foundation.


Prescriptives

6 comments

  1. I always thought our skin tones were so different (even though we're both pale). I can't believe we use the same Cover Girl shade. It's the only foundation I've been able to stick with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the exact same skin. I'm also an N20 in Cover FX and I'm really hard to match. My neck is super cool, while my face is cool, with lots of weird patches of yellow, which warm it up. Foundations look different on me day to day and I always have to match my neck. Glad to know I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a brilliant and convenient idea! I can't wait to hear how well it works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such issues between my face and neck as well as redness, which I have more of on my neck - but it is so much darker on my neck than my face (sun damage). I just received my custom blend foundation, which is pretty perfect - I am amazed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm DYING to see how this turns out. I'm a tough match too. I have very dark skin which seems to be cool but NW shades from MAC are too cool and NC are too warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how did this turn out??

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...