Cover Girl's New NatureLuxe, Definitely Worth Checking Out

Cover Girl, CoverGirl, Nature Luxe, NatureLuxe, Foundation, Lip Balm, Lip Gloss, Review, Taylor Swift
Remember recently when I shared Taylor Swift's new CoverGirl ad? Well, these are the products that she was advertising. A new line from CoverGirl, so far there is only a foundation and lippie, though I expect more products will be coming.

First, more about the foundation. CoverGirl says that this is a silk foundation with "a touch of cucumber water and a hint of jojoba and rose hip extracts". I have no idea what all of that really means. There's silk in it? What does cucumber water do? I'm not sure. What I can tell you is that this foundation is the next step up in coverage from the Neutrogena foundation (but easier to blend) that I fell in love with this summer. It is perfect for fall/winter and I'll be recommending it to all of my friends.

The NatureLuxe is light to the touch and spreads/blends on my skin beautifully with just a few passes of my fingertips. The coverage is light to medium and it definitely looks natural on my skin. At the end of the day it looks just as good as it did in the morning. It is so light I have no idea that I'm wearing it through out the day. In essence, this is an amazing foundation that comes in 14 shades (see image to the right, click it to enlarge), though the selection for women of color is a bit lacking at the moment.

The foundation does come with a SPF rating of 10. Remember that you likely do not apply any where near enough foundation over your entire face to achieve this SPF. So, I view the SPF in makeup as "bonus coverage", which is nice but not needed.

Foundation, SPF 10:




The other product currently in the NatureLuxe lineup is the Gloss Balm. It has the moisturizing qualities of a balm, but with the shine and color of a gloss. Really, it does feel pretty great on my lips, and while not crazy shiny, the shine definitely is much more along the lines of a gloss. The Gloss Balm has no flavor and lasted several hours despite eating and drinking. It is easy to carry around in your pocket and apply without a mirror whenever you want.

I have both #255 Marble and #270 Spice. Marble is a light pink that is fairly translucent, not much color is seen on the lip. Spice is definitely more pigmented, and is very similar in tone to my MAC Spice Lip Liner, though perhaps 1-2 shades lighter. Love it!

Gloss Balm, SPF 15:



NatureLuxe has a rolling launch date depending on where you live and what stores near you have decided to do. It's already on shelves in some areas, while some stores will be putting it out in January. Regardless, you can order it on-line from CoverGirl directly if you can't find it near you.

CoverGirl NatureLuxe Foundation
CoverGirl NatureLuxe Gloss Balm

5 comments

  1. Thanks for the great review Christine! These look like fantastic products. I can't wait to try this foundation!!! And, I am so happy to see it has a wide shade range so hopefully there will be one fair enough for my hard-to-match skintone. The tinted lipbalms look really nice too! Cant wait to give this line a try! :) XOXO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! Sounds like a great product from Cover Girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks exactly the same as the new Max Factor Xperience Weightless Collection. Same style packaging, similar advertising, basically same products. Maybe they're owned by the same company?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amelie-
    Since Max Factor is only available on Drugstore.com in the US (and I don't think they're releasing any new products in the US now) I had no idea what you were talking about. I went to the MF UK site and found what you were talking about, and I agree with you, the same 2 products, almost the same descriptions, though the Cover Girl products appear to be available in more shades.

    You're right, both Max Factor and Cover Girl are owned by Proctor & Gamble. In the past the 2 brands have not shared products that I'm aware of, though this may have been different given the lack of Max Factor's presence in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two of these glosses...Clay Argile (light pink) and Pinot (my natural lip color). I love them because they have the just the right amount of color, feel smooth & soft (not drying) and have a great shimmer. Great product!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...