MAC Hey Sailor Highlight Powder: Grab It If You Find It!

MAC Hey Sailor Highlight Powder Swatch and Review
I don't usually review items that are discontinued or already sold out, but there's a chance that this might still be available at a MAC counter near you. If so, grab one! This baby sold out fast, probably helped quite a bit by Temptalia's Review and pics.

This is a bit different than many other highlighting powders that I've had from MAC.
Read on to see pics and why I think it is different.

Where most powder products from MAC with a design on them have a very light layer of that color, this highlighting powder is very different. The color you see on the powder goes all the way through and it is actually the nude color that ends first. The nude is there for at least the top quarter of the compact. I had to dig down quite a bit to find the color in some areas. In the picture on the right you can see I dug quite a bit and still didn't hit color, and on the left I was about 25% down through the compact and finally hit the color.

Obviously this powder is meant to be used with all of the shades mixed together. I had to really apply quite a bit of the product to show the individual shades (see the nude there? I swear it is applied. I don't see it either), when mixed together they create a light glowy highlighter with very subtle shimmer.

MAC describes it as a "light peachy cream with fine shimmer". I think that's pretty accurate when used with a big fluffy brush. I do wonder what happens to the color when you get down below and have only color and no more ivory/nude. Christine at Temptalia actually used it as a blush and I can certainly see doing that as well.

Overall, I do think that this was a pretty nice highlighter for my super pale skin. It doesn't really show up but certainly makes me look a bit more awake and has a great effect.

MAC Cosmetics

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...