MAC Hey Sailor Nail Polishes: Vestral White and Touch of Red

MAC, Hey Sailor nail polish swatches and review.  Vestral White and Touch of Red
I have to fully admit, that when I opened these polishes I loved them immediately just based on the packaging! I'm still all about stripes (I don't feel they're going away any time soon) and I fell in serious love with the bottles.

If only both of the polishes inside were so nice. Touch of Red is definitely the standout. It's a bright red creme that in some lights has a bit of extra pink in it, super pretty! It applied beautifully. I have on 3 light and even coats and the coverage was perfect.

MAC, Hey Sailor nail polish swatch Touch of Red

I thought that perhaps Vestral White would be a good layering or nail art white polish. No dice. It is very bright white, and looks just like white out on your nails. (Remember doing that when you were a kid?) Unfortunately, I found that the coverage was pretty spotty and my polish was gloppy even after a bit of thinning out with nail polish thinner. Even with 4 thin coats I didn't have full coverage, and by then it was all so gross on my nail that I didn't even bother taking pictures. So, pass on the Vestral White!

MAC

2 comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...