Easiest Smokey Eye Ever! Make Up For Ever's New Aqua Shadows, Review and Swatches

MUFE, Make Up For Ever, Aqua Shadow, Review, navy, pink beige, swatch
For Memorial Day weekend, Interview Magazine asked me for 2 of my summer must have products for a beach bag. I loved the variety of responses from the Beauty Bloggers (you can see the piece on Interview's website), but I had 2 responses that I haven't even reviewed yet! Here's the first, I promise to feature the second pick (Laid Brand's Straight Kinky) very soon.

Aqua Shadows are new from Make Up For Ever, though similar products seem to be popping up from a lot of brands (I have some from Milani to review soon). These ones come in 12 different shades and are really very easy to use. Once you draw on your skin, you can blend them with your finger or a brush, though I found my finger to be much easier. You only have about 1-2 minutes before the color "sets" and becomes much harder to work with, so do it quickly! Once the color has set it becomes quite a bit harder to smudge and it is also waterproof. I found that it really is pretty resistant to moving in the water, you'll need quite a bit of friction to create a smudge. Love that!

MUFE, Make Up For Ever, Aqua Shadow, Review, navy, pink beige, swatch
I tried out 2 shades, and while the pinky beige was very pretty, it's actually the navy that was my favorite! (Which is, yes, a bit shocking, as I'm often pretty conservative.)

If you follow me on Facebook you saw a preview of this look a few weeks ago, but as promised I've finally shared it here with a tutorial!

The navy is absolutely perfect to create a fun and fast summer smokey eye. I loved this look, and it makes me want to try all of the other shades!
5 Minute Blue Smokey eye- so easy!


What do you think? Do you want to try out the look as well? I'd love to do this with green or purple.

Make Up For Ever

6 comments

  1. You make blue eyeshadow look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! This is such a clear collage and I love the step-by-step process!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty!! I recently did almost the exact same look with an aqua blue instead of deep blue ... right now it seems like any type of blue eyeshadow or eyeliner is in and I seem to love it!! Thanks for posting this!:) If you want to see my look that is similar you can see it here:)http://www.flutterandpout.com/everything-beauty/aqua-eyes-loving-this-easy-to-do-eye-makeup-trend-for-summer/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to give this a go! I don't have any jumbo eye pencils (except NYX Milk), but I'm sure I can make this happen with a regular skinny one. Thanks for the clear step-by-step tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! That matte navy color is really flattering on you. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...