Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub

Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub

As I get older (I'm a whopping 29 5/12ths now!) I've noticed that my face doesn't seem to bounce back from all the bad things I do to it as easily as it once did. One night on call at work (30 hours at a time without my normal creams and such) and I look haggard, lines appear that I don't usually have, and I just look a little older than I'd like. With that in mind, I recently decided I would try to improve my routine for the times I can control-meaning those that I'm at home. A facial scrub seemed to be called for, so about 2 weeks ago I hightailed it over to my local South Coast Plaza Kiehl's store.

The Kiehl's store is always a happy, soothing shopping experience for me. It is simply decorated, similar to what one would think a pharmacy looks like in the English Countryside. It is simply organized, with sections divided into facial type (dry, oily) or your particular need (men, sun, body). The staff there are eager to help, but won't follow you around while you check out the label on every bottle in your section (not that I've ever done that before).

The scrub in my section (the Oily/Acne Prone section) was the Pineapple Papaya Scrub, 2 fruits I usually don't like. Plus, it was $25, what I usually would spend on 2 or 3 items if I was elsewhere, such as Target. But, given how dire the situation with my skin seems to be lately, I decided to give it a shot anyways.

The Kiehl's website promises that the scrub is made with real fruit, and that the enzymes will gently exfoliate my skin, leaving it feel refreshed, soft and clean. The directions are simple (ie- scrub and rinse), but do state that if I want I can leave it on for a few minutes for "further exfoliating effects." I think that is just what I need!

I've been using the scrub 2-3 times a week for the last 2 weeks now, and I honestly have to say that I think the scrub has made a difference. I've used it a few times at night, rinsing it off right away. But I think the easiest thing for me has been using it in the shower. I use a small pea sized amount to scrub my face, and let it sit for a few minutes while I shampoo my hair before rinsing off. The scrub feels like a normal face wash with a few large granules in it. The granules are a little disconcerting. They are fairly large, and there are so few of them they almost feel as if they don't belong there. But, once I'm done my face is smoother, my pores are less noticeable and I think that overall my face does look better!

For $25, this scrub seems to be well worth it!

Kiehl's Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...