Sally Hansen Spray On Shower Off Hair Remover

I hate shaving. Really, fully, absolutely hate it. However, given my low pain threshold, waxing isn't really an option, so I'm left with shaving. I also don't like fuzz, so I do this nearly every day. It takes me about 15 minutes or so to shave in the shower (I have disproportionately long legs, plus I do this slowly so I don't cut myself). So, you can see why I'm ready to try pretty much anything that speeds this process up.

When I saw the new Sally Hansen Spray On Shower Off at my local Ulta, I quickly purchased it, hoping that the 3 minute Hair Removal promised on the can would save me at least 10 minutes each morning. I've used Nair and similar products in the past, but I've always been frustrated by the time needed, scent of the product, and I'm never really sure if I spread enough product on my leg.

Sally recommends a test patch before using the product, which I dutifully did the day before my experiment, without any signs of reaction. The bottle states that you spray it on, and after the stated time you can spray part off (without rubbing your skin) and if there is still hair, leave it on until the hair comes off. The maximal time to leave it on is 10 minutes. I followed the directions, and even after 10 minutes, not a single hair had left my legs. And, the bottle was empty. Oh, and about 10 minutes later my legs turned red and itchy, and for a week or so my eczema reared its ugly head- requiring steroids and special creams. All in all, this was a complete flop.

8 comments

  1. i have had your experience times 10. i did laser hair removal on my inner thighs and it didn't work because my hair was too light. now i'm doing electrolysis. i'm sympathizing with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Don't tell me this didn't work- I was hoping to do laser treatments when I someday make real money. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently started a blog about make-up called “Beauty 101,” and I’m finding it difficult to get visitors. Since your blog is so well-known, I’d appreciate it greatly if you could add mine to your links to help increase traffic to my blog? I’d appreciate this greatly. Thank you in advance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! i wanted to try this as i hate dealing with the messy cream. to be honest i had my suspicions, but sally hansen is pretty reputable... now i know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll skip it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used this and it worked like a charm. My legs are so smooth now and it was soooo easy to use. I can't believe it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It didn't work for me either sadly :'(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...