Lancome Aqua Fusion Lotion, SPF 15

If there's one thing that Lancome (and their parent company, L'Oreal) know how to do, it is to create a good product. Seriously. They own amazing companies (like one of my favorite skin care companies, Kiehl's), and they know how to invest their money.

Well, they didn't disappoint with this moisturizer. It is smooth and silky, and when you apply it to your skin you can feel it sinking in and it just feels amazing on my dry cheeks. It doesn't sink 100% into my combination skin however, I do have a small amount of residue on my t-zone afterwards. I think if my skin was a tad drier, or it wasn't 85 degrees out for the past couple of weeks here in Orange County, this would not be the case. I intend to bring this moisturizer with me for Christmas when I go home to Michigan. In the cold I tend to be a bit drier and need a bit of extra moisture, and I think that this would be perfect! For now though, with 1 blot of a tissue on my skin before application of my foundation, I'm perfect!

One of my favorite things about this moisturizer is that it does have SPF 15, I love getting my sunscreen in my moisturizer. I haven't completed my review of sunscreens yet (expect that in the next couple of months, I'm still doing a prelim literature search), but all of the research I'm doing has shown me that Ombrelle (another L'Oreal company!) and Lancome are the ones to beat in terms of their sunscreen. Pending that review, I love that this lotion tells you exactly what the sunscreen is, so store this bit of info away for later.

Active Ingredients:
• Octinoxate 7.5%
• Titanium Dioxide 1.7%



We'll take a closer look at the first couple of ingredients listed for this lotion. For reference, you can re-read the moisturizer post.

Ingredients:
• Water
• Cyclohexasiloxane (a silicone, this is likely why it feels so silky)
• Glycerin (humectant)
• Stearic Acid (found in animal and plant fats, this helps to emulsify, thicken, bind, and stabilize lotions and creams as well as create a "pearly" effect)
• PCA (humectant)
• Alanine (an amino acid)
• Tocopheryl Acetate (an occlusive)
• Sucrose (a type of sugar, not sure why it's here)
• Lactic Acid (an alpha hydroxy acid)
• Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate (yup, that same stuff they advertise on tv to help your knees. It seems to be found in a huge number of lotions. The only reference I could find on-line said it was often a "starting point" for lotions and other cosmetics)
• Phenyoxyethanol, Atelogollagen, PEG-100 Sterarte, Arginine, Triethanolamine, Calcium Gluconate, Silica Dimethyl Silyate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Mannitol, Zinc Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Serine, Threonine, Disodium EDTA, Histidine Hydrochloride, Lysine Hydrochloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Citrulline, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glutamic Acid, Blue 1, Glyceryl Sterate, Glycogen, Fragrance


Looking at the ingredients, you can see that there are a few humectants and an occlusive within the first 10 or so ingredients of the lotion, which is always a good sign. As well, no ingredients from the list of potentially irritating ingredients appear, and the fragrance is listed last!

I really do enjoy using this lotion, and I think it's worth recommending to anyone who doesn't have oily skin. Next time you are looking for a new lotion, check this one out!

1 comment

  1. Hey Christine - Thanks for the recommendation! My favorite Lancome moisturizer is Primordiale Optimum Lotion w/ SPF 15. Although now that it's getting a little colder and drier now in San Francisco, I might have to try this since my Kinerase day moisturizer doesn't come with SPF in it :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...