Hard Candy Take It Off Eye Makeup Remover

Hard Candy Take It Off Eye Makeup Remover
For some reason, it seems to be a bit difficult to find a good eye makeup remover. I want it to work fast, take everything off, and I don't want to still be finding black eye liner streaks on my wash cloth afterwards. I seem to have problems finding a product that doesn't leave residual eye liner or mascara behind.

For years I've wished for the impossible, which is an eye makeup remover that doesn't need a cotton round or wash cloth. I would be so happy if I could just use my fingers and have everything come off of my eyes. Yeah, soooo not going to happen. I really tried to make it work with this remover. Instead I ended up with smudges of left over liner each morning.

So, when you actually follow the directions and use this remover with a cotton round, it does work really well. It's a white creamy lotion and doesn't feel at all greasy. It removes everything I've thrown at it so far (yes, including 30 coats of mascara), really it only takes 1 cotton round per eye. I like that it only takes a light rinsing with water, rather than needing to be washed off like with an oil based eye makeup remover.

What eye makeup remover are you using right now? I'm mostly using this one, but I'm sometimes grabbing an oil based remover from Boots.

Hard Candy

12 comments

  1. I love the packaging and I love that it does what it advertises! I'm sold x

    Angelica [One Little Vice]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sold! I've got to find this one and pick it up! thanks for your great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always need a good makeup removed. The one I am currently using is really greasy, this one might be worth a shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks pretty good. I've always passed by the Hard Candy display, because at the Walmart near me, they hide it in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i just got neutrogena extra gentle eye makeup remover pads no oily residue it says they work AMAZING!!!!! just take one or how many u may need out of the container and just wipe away i can finally open my eyes in the morning without looking like im hunger over or something from dark eyes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The BEST eye makeup remover I've ever used is only $10! It's Sonia Kashuk Remove. I LOVE it.

    Maybe you could check out my other product reviews? I'll add Remove soon for sure!

    http://wearyourvitamins.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does this Hard Candy Remover have silicones in it? If not, I will try this at some point. I have sensitive skin that can get raw, irritated, red, and flakey easily. This can happen to my eyelids after using removers--especially if silicone is one of the first few ingredients listed. I'm not sure why this happens.

    Having said that, I really like Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm and only fingers are needed--no cotton swabs or washcloth necessary. This is the only makeup remover I've tried that completely removes waterproof mascara without irritating my eyes or eyelids. It DOES have oil in it though and it's not super-duper quick removal like the Hard Candy one sounds like. For my waterproof mascara, sometimes I have to work at least a quarter-size amount for each eye into the lashes. Takes me up to a full minute--and I follow this with cleanser. I also use this balm to take off foundation--really, the balm melts into an oil and seems to work better than boscia cleansing oil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have to say, Neutrogena Extra Gentle Eye Makeup Remover Pads are the BEST. They're not wildly expensive ($8-9 for 30 pads) and not greasy at all! That said, I may give UD a try based on your review! Love your posts - keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, to be honest I haven't really found one that I really love yet. But I would really like to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A dab of Olive oil works wonders for the skin, and is much cheaper than most makeup removers. I wash my face after removing my makeup anyway, so I don't worry about my face feeling too greasy with olive oil. Lots of natural, pure oils work well as cleansers, makeup removers, moisturizers....better than a lot of high end ones that are chock full of chemicals.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I found that Purity from Philosophy is great I never have those pesty little streaks. It's a little pricey but a little goes a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is probably a cliche considering how often it's recommended, but I really like bioderma sensibio to remove eye makeup. It's easily available in Canada (where I live) so maybe that's why. It's not greasy at all and it really does take everything off gently.

    I also like clinique comforting cleansing cream - I pretty much use this as my regular cleanser actually and it does take everything off with a bit of patience. I like it because it removes makeup without drying out my skin.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...