Ecotools: Cosmetic Brushes


I've recently reviewed some cosmetic brushes that I've loved, but the prices were prohibitively high for many. I was looking for a lower priced but high quality line to recommend as an alternative when I was contacted by a PR rep to try out a new line called Ecotools. I was curious about the line, and even more curious after I saw pictures of the brushes. They looked fantastic, but would they perform as well as my faithful Billy B or MAC brushes?

Ecotools are designed to be as ecologically friendly as possible. The products are made primarily of bamboo and synthetic bristles. The company even donates some of the profits to 1% for the Planet.

So, how are the brushes? While they are definitely different than my more expensive brushes, once I was used to them I did like them. The bristles are pretty soft, and the brushes are sized very well. The bristles do pick up more product than my other brushes. However, once I was able to figure out how light of a hand to use I did find that the brushes deposit the makeup evenly and smoothly.

I particularly liked the foundation skunk for applying highlighter or bronzer, the blush brush is a great size for the new MAC Beauty Powder Blushes (it is large and helps to create a pretty light cheek, just the look that I like).

The collection is currently fairly small (see the picture above), but I'm hopeful that more sizes and types will be added soon!


Ecotools are available at Walgreens, Kmart and Ulta, visit Ecotools for a store locator.

Ecotools also has a collection of bath tools, including bath mitts and facial buffs. I'll be reviewing those soon as well!

4 comments

  1. These brushes are great bettee then the expensive and more effordable then most they sell out fast to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. We all have gone overboard when were buying make-up and we tend to feel bad about it. With these brushes we can say who cares if it's a lot of money, in the long run it will help our planet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read the label when i bought it and at first i was really disappointed that i had just bought another synthetic brush on accident like i had done in the past. But they were surprisingly soft and don't irritate my skin at all..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't read the label when i bought it and at first i was really disappointed that i had just bought another synthetic brush on accident like i had done in the past. But they were surprisingly soft and don't irritate my skin at all..

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...