The Hair Removal War: No!No! vs Silk-épil Epilator


It feels as though every day a new form of hair removal comes on to the market. You can shave, foam, spray, wax, epilate or even laser the hair off of your legs (and other areas). I'm not a particularly hairy person, but I admit that I really hate being hairy. I am the girl that shaves every day in the shower, even if I am wearing pants that day, just because I don't like the feeling of short stubble.

I was given the chance to try two the the newest at home hair removal technologies at basically the exact same time. Neither of them are pain free, nor are they particularly cheap (though with time those razor blades and shaving gel definitely add up as well).

So, I decided to offer myself (and my legs) up as an experiment for everyone's benefit! For about 3 weeks or so I've been using both of these technologies. My left leg is my No!No! leg, the right is my epilated leg.

How did they fare? Well, I'll have posts on each of the technologies over the next few days, but I think that they are both good. I think the choice between them is personal and depends upon your own wants and needs.

The Silk-épil removes hair below the skin but is more painful. The No!No! uses heat to affect the hair follicle and to basically burn off the hair above the skin.

Only the No!No! promises to decrease the amount of hair growth over time, though I'm sure we all know from tweezing that over time the epilator will also decrease hair over time.

The epilator can be used anywhere (you can even buy a model that comes with heads for use on the face and underarm areas). The No!No! does not recommend facial use.

Stay tuned over the next two days for the review of each machine!

2 comments

  1. I have the Silk-epil epilator, its great because it is so much cheaper than waxing in the long run! When you feel the first signs of stubble you just pull this little gadget out and you are ready to be super-smooth in a matter of minutes (unfortunately, to get to this stage you will have to go through some painful hours of pulling out your hair in the first few months of utilizing this.)
    The second No!No! hair removal piece I was salivating over ever since it first launched in North America! I want it! I want it (says the little voice in my head on daily basis), but as for insightful comment on that one - I have absolutely none.
    Thanks so much for this review and keep us posted on the progress! I am very interested to know what will No!no! do for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    I wanted to say Thank you for the testing you did for all of we women.

    No-no's not for me.

    Thank you for being a angel

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...