Makeup Wars: Valentine's Day Look

Makeup Wars
For this week's Makeup Wars we've decided to showcase a beauty element that we'll be incorporating into our Valentine's Day look! I've decided to show some of the makeup I'll be wearing (though probably not exactly like this, but this is the general idea). I don't have any big plans, I'm working that day and I have a 2 year old at home. But I'll probably do a few special things for my husband.

Things that I'll be incorporating into my look:
1. Curly hair: (Ok yes, you can see my new color here, more on that this afternoon!) My hubby likes when I curl my hair, and I'm still getting the hang of my new cut. This was the day after the cut, and somehow I feel kind of plastic here (and a bit like this is a DMV picture, that background is so boring!) My layers are moving a bit differently now with curls, so I'm practicing. But, I usually curl with my Beachwaver Curling Iron, and with just a little mousse and some hair oil my hair is good to go for a few days.

2. Darker Shadow: Obviously, a little smoky eye! When creating this look I just grabbed things from my stash that worked, I didn't worry about whether items were currently available (so sorry about the MAC Fafi paint pot from 2008!)

3. Pink Lips: I wanted some color, but not too dark. That middle ground seems to be something my hubby responds to.

4. Elie Saab Perfume: Whenever I wear this light and pretty floral he says he likes it. Every single time.

Makeup Wars
To create my eye look I wanted darker than usual, but I wanted to incorporate some pretty metallics and add depth. I started with my typical Urban Decay Primer Potion to make everything last all day. I then smudged a light layer of MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot (from the Fafi collection) over the lid right up to the crease. The Laura Mercier Black Gold liner gives a very similar look. I added a little Urban Decay Venus (from the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette) above the crease. This was for the crease shadow to be blended into.

Makeup Wars
Next I patted a little of the grey/taupe shadow from the Shu Uemura Mesmerizer shadow over my entire lid. I then took Urban Decay's Mushroom shadow, which has a similar tone to the Shu Uemura but is more opaque and a bit darker, and I worked this in to my crease and a little under my outer lower lid. Everything was blended out.

Next I applied black pencil to my upper and lower lash lines, really working the liner into my upper lash line and smudging it well. Finally, I curled my lashes like crazy and layered two mascaras for amazing lashes with just mascara. I used Fresh Supernova and then the new Maybelline Rocket Volume Express.

Makeup Wars
In the final look you can see that while it's smoky, keeping the darker shades out to the outer corners kept the inner half of the eye light, so the eye is more wearable. I think the metallic kept it from being boring.

I've been spraying my face every day with the new formulation of the Urban Decay All Nighter spray to keep my makeup long lasting. A full review is coming, but I love it!








14 comments

  1. Love the hair! It really suits your coloring (I have similar coloring and slightly darker - natural - hair). Love the look too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I am loving the curls!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look and I'm in awe of your hair. It's STUNNING, Christine. That shade totally suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your hair! Very pretty look and I adore Elie Saab perfume too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks beautiful and is such a complimentary color for your skin tone! The MAC Fafi eye color is gorgeous too. Such a shame it's no longer available.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the whole look. And I'm totally jealous of your drawing abilities. you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your look is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your whole look is gorgeous. It looks great with your new hair - both cut and color are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair makes a new you - so sexy. I bet your husband loves it. I now have to pull out my Shu Mesmerizer and I'm worried that I might need the UD Basic after everyone's raves.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a very pretty look on you!! So intricate to apply, and yet, so streamlined. Love it. Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for sharing this ... xoxo Beth in Pgh ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look gorgeous! UD Mushroom is one of my faves! I have never tried the UD All Nighter spray. So, I will be looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look beautiful! Love the look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your new hair looks so good! Love this look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look gorgeous! What a lovely feminine look....I'm in love with that MAC Cash Flow Paint Pot...It sort of looks like a lighter version of Maybelline's Bad to the Bronze.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...