Kate Somerville's Detox Daily Cleanser, A Little Hollywood in Your Day

Kate Somerville, Detox Cleanser, Daily Cleanser
Mention the name Kate Somerville, and those "in the know" will likely think of the amazing spa on Melrose that is a Hollywood favorite. I know I do! The spa (which I visited with other bloggers during the Total Beauty event back in May) is quite frankly absolutely beautiful, is staffed by both physicians and estheticians who work together using a variety of treatments to help you glow! They have lasers, peels, facials and even light treatments. It's pretty much a state of the art medi-spa, but with the threat of an Oscar Nominee walking in at any given moment.

So, I was pretty excited to bring home a few Kate Somerville products of my own. I was hoping that having a bit of the spa's aura in my own bathroom would bring a bit of glamour and glowing skin my way as well!


What makes it not a cleanser for everyone is the main surfactant, Sodium Laureth Sulfate which can be harsh for those with very sensitive skin or overly drying for those with dry skin. Notice that the formulation also includes hydroxy acids (Beta: Salicyclic Acid, Alpha: Citric, Glycolic and Lactic Acids) to help exfoliation and cell turn over.

While I wouldn't call this a cleanser gentle enough for everyone, I definitely liked this cleanser for my combination skin. It cleaned my skin easily and quickly with a light lather and a nice citrus scent. It rinses off easily, not irritating my skin or causing after wash tightness. I think it's a great choice for a daily cleanser if you have combination, oily or acne-prone skin!

Ingredients (refer to the Cleanser Post):
Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Acrylates Copolymer, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polysorbate 20, Phytic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Salicyclic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Chlorphenesin, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Peel Oil, Citric Acid, Disodium EDTA, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium PCA, Sodium Riboflavin Phosphate, Allantoin, Panthenol, Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder, Cyanocobalamin, Urea, Limonene

Kate Somerville's Detox Daily Cleanser

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...