Microdermabrasion at Home: Really!

PMD personal microdermabrasion
With noninvasive procedures becoming more and more popular, it is only understandable that there is growing interest in at home options for these procedures. From laser hair removal to home microdermabrasion, the options are expanding.

This little handheld device (it's the size of a small flashlight) is a home microdermabrasion device from PMD, and I've been testing it out. Exfoliation is one of the key steps in a great anti-aging regimen, and for those of you keeping track I have now found a grand total of 4 facial scrubs that I like. While scrubs are great, if you want bigger results than just smoother skin you might want to look into microdermabrasion. Usually offered in dermatologists offices, this uses the same aluminum oxide crystals found in their machines. Rather than shooting the crystals at your face, the machine uses little discs embedded with the crystals and uses them to exfoliate your face. Simply turn on the device and slowly move the disc around your face. Make sure you keep moving, staying in one place for too long will over exfoliate that location, basically scratching up your face.

I used this machine a few times over about a 2 week period and the result was definitely smoother skin and fewer clogged pores, they were definitely looking smaller after 2 weeks. I didn't have any issues with abrasions on my face, but I admit that I was pretty scared of moving the disc around too slowly. My results were great and I recommend trying this out if you're looking for stronger exfoliation.

Personal Microdermabrasion System from SkinCareRX

3 comments

  1. It's great that the manufacturers of these products are making products available for at home use so we don't have to spend so much going to salons to get treatments done.

    Just a word of caution for women of color. Microdermabrasion is not recommended for highly pigmented skin. It can cause blemishing. Instead of microdermabrasion consider chemical peels for sensitive skin like fruit acid peels.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to have options for exfoliation and this looks interesting. I love the bright dewy luster of the skin that comes from exfoliation; pretty much every one looks better afterwords.

    Before we had exfoliating scrubs I had people exfoliate with a Buf Puf facial sponge. These are still really cost effective and can be used with a person's favorite cleanser. The trick with these is to keep them clean and hygienic by letting them dry completely between uses, not letting them touch obviously dirty surfaces and replacing them often. There's even a great Buf Puf for the body that hangs from it's hooked handle in the shower. As you point out, exfoliation is a key part of any serious anti aging skin care regimen.
    Cynthia Bailey MD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs microdermabrasion? Seriously, I used to get this done to me hoping that I would look younger when i walked out of the office and no matter how many times i did it, my wrinkles were still there. I decided to go with a bit more natural route. I heard about this new product from a friend, intelligent nutrients. They have an anti aging serum that literally worked wonders! and it smells soo good!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...