MAC Cham Pale: The Lip Gelées


I'm in love with most of MAC's newest collection, Cham Pale. Why? Because the colors are perfect for pale girls like me. Little pops of color that aren't too much color, but keep us from looking washed out.

The Lip Gelées have been seen before, though not in these exact versions. In my experience, MAC's lip gelées tend to be a little bit shinier than the lip glasses, have more shimmer or glitter, and they tend to not last as long on the lip. In addition, I do find them to be quite a bit stickier than the lip glasses. For me, they work best layered over other lippies, such as over lipstick to add a little extra pop. In that manner I use less of the sticky gelée but get a great look.


Bubble Lounge is described as "sparkly pink peach" and Straight to the Head as "sparkly bronze brown." You can see that both are insanely full of shimmer, which made photographing them a bit of a challenge (even without using flash)! There is a bit of color to the base, and the glitter is tinted as well. Both work really well over lipstick, though be careful because if you use too much of the gelée it will look like you've dipped your lips into a ton of glitter.

MAC Cham Pale Lip Gelées

4 comments

  1. Great post Christine! :) I'm not pale-skin-toned, but I think these two MAC Cham Pale Lipgelees are super! Do you think it'll go with an olive skin tone? Also, I suggest Labello Pearly Shine and MAC Lipglass in Prrr for pale skin tones, as both of them would look lovely on pale skin! Labello Pearly Shine is a baby pink lip balm (which also works as a gloss!) and MAC Prrr Lipglass is a peach lip gloss. I have used both but personally felt these were meant for pale skin tones.

    I really like MAC's Cham Pale collection, hoping to do a first thoughts post on it soon! :) Was very curious about the line but your review quenched most of my thirst, thanks! :)

    Been your follower for quite some time now on both blogger and twitter (@TPPbyrizzie)! :)

    theperfectpout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sparkle in these, like a dazzleglass with a more pigmented base. They are definitely stickier as they fade and I find that I have sparkles on my lips long after the base color disappears but it doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a coincidence that just yesterday I visited the MAC counter and bought the best lip color system I've ever used. I bought MAC's lip pencil, Pro Longwear Lipcream lipstick, and Creamsheen Glass lip gloss. I picked colors to suit my skin and fashion needs. When I layer these three products on my lips they are moist and look great. Lip products always under perform for me, but not these MAC products. I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like it can be so hard to find a lip product that can survive a morning of talking all the time at clinic or the crazy dry environment of the hospital!

    I love those products too Cynthia. I also really like to use different lip stains (MAC has a good one, so does Cover Girl) and then just refresh a lip gloss over top of it. Usually this is a MAC Lip Glass for me, though sometimes it will be just a balm with shimmer like Burt's Bees. I can wander my ICU with my coffee chatting with nurses, residents and families and just swipe at will!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...