Ellen Marmur's Simple Skin Beauty

Ellen Marmur's Simple Skin Beauty
At first glance this book from Dermatologist Dr. Ellen Marmur does appear to be a bit dense. There are pages and pages of text, not many images or breaks. Not exactly what you usually see when looking for a book on beauty. But, once you start reading it, you'll notice that the book isn't actually all that different from my blog (though, she's likely better edited and she's definitely more formal than I am).

Dr. Marmur addresses virtually every skin issue a woman can have, and I love how she explains in easy, straight forward language what to look for, what to avoid and how things work. Her anti-aging chapter in particular seemed very familiar to me, it seems she's as skeptical as I am and takes a very balanced view. I couldn't find a single statement I disagreed with (which isn't always the case with skin care books, I think some of the dermatologists that write these books get a bit too wrapped up in the hype of new products, not so with Dr. Marmur).

If you're looking for a great skin care book, I highly recommend checking out Dr. Marmur's book!

Ellen Marmur's Simple Skin Beauty

2 comments

  1. This book sounds good I might have to give it a try, thanks for the good post.

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo! it looks really interesting!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...