Estée Lauder's Spring 2011 Lippies

Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Lip Gloss, Lip Stick, swatch
When I first saw Estée Lauder's Spring 2011 lippies, I have to admit that I was afraid. Not just a little afraid, but really afraid. What on earth were they thinking?? The crazy neon colors did not look flattering, I didn't think they would sell well, someone in the higher ups over there had gone crazy.

Of course, it turns out that they were smarter than me, the colors are actually very pretty and flattering. Read on to see what those shocking neon lip glosses really look like.

Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Lip Gloss, Lip Stick, swatch
See, who would have thought that the scary neon (and very opaque looking lip glosses) actually are subtle and have just a little bit of color? The shine is amazing on these glosses, and as with all Estée Lauder Pure Color glosses they are not sticky and last for a few hours. The color is just enough to pick up on my lips that something is a little different, but it doesn't scream "I'm wearing neon orange!" Instead it looks pretty.

Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Lip Gloss, Lip Stick, swatch
After seeing the lip gloss I did have higher hopes for the lipstick, though I was still nervous since it's lipstick.... (This is Wild Fire, by the way.)

Estee Lauder Spring 2011 Wild Violet Lip Gloss, Lip Stick, swatch
And yes, it is more opaque but like the glosses is much more flattering than I had originally thought. It works great as a stain or a lippie, despite being bright in the tube (and I'm crazy pale, which should make me the last person this works on).


Estée Lauder

1 comment

  1. Electric Coral looks amazing!!

    http://miss-lv.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...