Balm I'm Obsessing Over: Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Treatment

Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Treatment
I've seen this pop up on all sorts of "best of" lists and truly thought "Plum? Lip Treatment? What is that all about?" and then promptly forgot about the product. Well, it was included in one of the sets I received as a sample from Sephora over the Holidays (so, we have them to thank for this review), and I finally broke it out recently.

O. M. G.

This stuff really is amazing. It is basically a hydrating lip balm with a beeswax base (I like beeswax lip balms, have you noticed this?) and it contains Sugar to act as a humectant (pulls moisture to the outer surface from below) some anti-oxidants and even has SPF 15 (see below for the UV range covered). It tastes a little sweet but there really isn't much flavor, which is good given my propensity for basically chewing off balm if it is yummy (admit it, you do this too!).





Regardless, my biggest reason for loving this is the color. When you use the balm is deposits a little color, which is darker than my lip color but is really much lighter than you would think looking at the picture above. It's a pretty translucent plum color that is somewhat buildable. I like it so much I'm likely going to pick up the Rose Version as well.

Fresh Sugar Plum Lip Treatment

2 comments

  1. I have this too, and I love it! I had a stick of the original sugar (I adore the smell/taste) and got the plum this summer. I haven't tried the rose, but have heard it's a little more pigmented than the plum.

    ps-how's the sephora in the mall out there? the big move is about 3 weeks away!

    Amanda W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amanda!
    Our Sephora is actually surprisingly good. It's a pretty decent size and they have a good selection. There's another mall about 45 minutes away (Somerset) that is really amazing, and their Sephora is only a little bigger. The other great thing is that we have a really good cosmetics area in our Macys. I've never had an issue finding a LE Chanel or anything, they seem to either be really well stocked or no one here buys that stuff!
    Good luck finishing the move!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...