My Top 10....


I'm usually not one of those people that displays the blogging awards that people give me. Why? I have to tag other people, and this is when my shy side comes out and I get super nervous. What if I tag someone and they don't like it? Seriously, I don't know why this makes me nervous. But, in the last week or so I've been tagged with a Top 10 award by both Makeup Minutes and Pammy Blogs Beauty. This award came with a list of different top 10 items, and I couldn't resist sharing! I've altered mine slightly, and sometimes I didn't make it all the way to 10, but here it goes....

Blogs I Actually Read, the Non-Beauty Version!
1. Young House Love: Seriously, in love with Sherry and John's blog. I fully admit to stalking them like crazy, checking in multiple times a day to see if maybe it's a day with more than one post. Feeling like a rock star if they respond to my comment. I also stole their weekly baby photo idea and now baby Megan has a collection of random fabrics that I'll need to use someday.

2. Amalah: Perhaps the best mommy blogger of all time. For Realz. She's funny, not afraid to give her opinion, and her Lazy Mom's Guide to Cloth Diapering truly made me try it out. And I'm so glad that I did, since we have no poop blow out or diaper rash issues in this house. I know that's likely TMI, but the Fuzzi Bunz are amazing.

3. Design Mom: I aspire to be like Gabrielle when my little one is older. Teaching her to be so stylish! I've especially loved all of the photos since she moved to France this winter, great to see how kid friendly different trips around Europe really can be!

4. Ain't No Mom Jeans: I've never been accused of being the most fashion forward girl. Instead, I'm updated and a tad trendy, a little on the classic side, which is kind of how you'd like your kid's doctor to look, right? Dealing with the changes in my body during pregnancy and now post-pregnancy have been a little daunting, but I've been coping a lot better thanks to this site. Even if there are occasional references to East Lansing, the Wolverine in me loves Shana's style.

5. I am Style-ish: I've never had the type of workplace that I could dress like Tiffany (skirts and heels don't translate well for ICU), but I would if I could.

6. Ashley Quite Frankly: Little kid and big kid crack me up. And I want to do something nasty to the next door neighbor for being mean to Ashley.

7. Hyperbole and a Half: I laugh so hard I cry and hubby can tell when I'm reading it. MS Paint for the win!

8. 101 Cooking for Two: This is my dad's cooking blog, and I head here for recipes pretty often. He suddenly decided this would be his new hobby a few years ago and he's pretty good. I just wish he'd proofread his posts before publishing (oops, did I say that? Hmmm....)

9. Mom's Life Made Easy: Yup, my cousin Ellery that sometimes help out around here. She has 3 little ones, so I love her advice on things for my little Megan.


Products that I haven't Fully Reviewed Yet
1. Kate Somerville Exfolikate: I've mentioned this product a bunch, and it even appears on my list of favorite products, but it still doesn't have a full review. I should fix that.

2. Kerastase Chroma Riche: My best hair ever. EVER. Really. I posted a pic of my daughter and I on Facebook a month or so ago, and rather than talking about the cute baby, a couple of my friends commented on my shiny hair and there was a whole hair discussion. In the comments on a photo on Facebook. That's how you know your hair looks good!

3. Calvin Klein Beauty: This has been my favorite fragrance for about 6 months, I'm definitely in a floral moment!

4. Neutrogena Naturals Cleansing and Makeup Remover: This cleanser is a bit creamy and I can use it with just my fingers. It washes my whole face and it even removes waterproof eye makeup! Fast and easy, and I can even use it in the shower.

5. Revitalash: I had some great results with an eye lash conditioner last year. I had this "great" plan that I would wait a little bit in between products, and when I was back to normal, start over with a new product and just keep reviewing new lash conditioners. I think I'm going to take this off of the list of products I'll review. The second product I tried (from an Aussie brand) made my lashes fall out, I didn't have much left! Then I waited a while, and tried a third product (the L'Oreal you can buy at the drugstore) to try and make a come back. It helped some, but my lashes were just "ok" and I had a really hard time keeping them curled. So, I just started using Revitalash. I'm hooked, I'm never going back! After just 3 weeks I've had amazing results. I need to pull out some before images and write up my post. I'll be rebuying this over and over again.

6. Stila Forever Your Curl Mascara: Before the Revitalash really got started, I turned to the new Stila curling mascara to help me out with my stick straight lashes. It helped a lot.

7. NARS ProPrime Multi-Protect Primer SPF 30/PA+++: It feels like a lotion, makes things last a lot longer and manages to be SPF 30 without any tell tale sunscreen scent or feel. Love!

8. Napoleon Perdis Bronze Patrol: As a super pale girl, bronzer can be very tricky. I can look orange or just kind of dirty. This one is perfect with a big fluffy brush. I look sun kissed but not like I tried too hard.

9. Napoleon Perdis Blush Patrol: You wouldn't think that a gold/white/burgundy mix would be perfect for summer, but really this is amazing with Bronze Patrol. A slight shimmer, just enough pink without being too pink...

10. Dior Show Iconic Mascara: Now that my Revitalash has started to work I'm really impressed with this mascara, the first from Dior that I've ever been able to recommend


Items I have my Eye On....
1. Stila Natural Eye Shadow Palette: I know it seems like everyone is coming out with their own nude or naked palette, but I really love them! I'm reaching for my Too Faced one nearly every day. But, my favorite shadows are all from Stila, so this is high on my list of wants!

2. Stila Travel Palettes: Again with the Stila, but last year these little travel items were a big hit with me. I haven't bought any of this year's yet, I've been distracted with other things. I want them all, but the Hamptons is probably the first one I'll pick up.

3. Couture Colour Pequi Oil: I keep hearing about this stuff left and right, it's on my Sephora shopping list.

4. Temptu: I fully admit I want to try Temptu. Do I think it will be time saving? No. Absolutely not. But I think it might look amazing. My friend Amanda works at Sephora (here's where you should imagine me waving at Amanda), and I'm thinking maybe I should find time to visit at Sephora to try out Temptu while she's there.

5. Chanel Illusion D'Ombre Eyeshadow: I'm definitely a newbie when it comes to Chanel makeup (I have their nail polish and that's about it). I love the color of this in Illusoire, and long wearing always gets extra points with me.


I'm sure the products in this post are a mix of things I've received samples of or have purchased myself. See my disclosure page.

8 comments

  1. Aw! You are so sweet cousin, thank you! Maybe one of these days you will actually win one of my giveaways :)
    Mom's Life Made Easy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm always feeling guilty about how much stuff I get anyways, so I don't enter. :D I go and buy something if I like it when you've featured it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading your lists! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I had to drop you a line about your post. I skimmed read it and I thought it was so cute to include your dad's blog about food and clicked on the link just to see. I was laughing my head off when I saw all that meat... It's such a typical man's blog. I am not that much into meat, but my husband loves to cook it and loves BBQ recipes. So I sent him the link. And you know what? He loves your dad's blog and already cooked for us this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! Dad loves to grill, and he isn't as into the side dishes (which he even admits), though there is always a veg and usually something else on the side. It isn't so much fun to blog about salad. :D We were there this weekend and he made the Roadhouse Macaroni & Cheese as well as some grilled split chicken breasts that are also on the site. It was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. definitely come try the temptu at sephora. The color artists are always super excited to demo it for clients. Hopefully I will be there next time you come by!!!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to let you know that I got revitalash based on your recommendation. I had tried something else that was more expensive from Nordstrom...Enormous or Extreme something that didn't work. But the revitalash works awesome!! It took a couple weeks and can sting if i get it in my eyes, but I started applying it when I'm already in bed with the lights off and there's no sting. If I use the same amount of mascara that I used to use, I look like a drag queen! Think of all the money I'm (ahem) saving by using less mascara...

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! Yes, definitely money saving!
    I had on a mascara a few days ago at work and my friend Pam (the one I wrote the lipstick post about last week) told me it really looked like I had on crazy false eye lashes. But they weren't, it was just my lashes. I could hardly blink wearing my glasses, the lashes were pushes against the lenses so much! I just started wearing my contacts again, I hope it will make life easier for me.
    I'm so happy the revitalash worked great for you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...