Unembracing my Pale: Jergens Natural Glow Daily Revitalizing Moisturizer Review

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer Review, Sunless Tanner
One of my most popular posts is my review of Jergens Natural Glow Express, from 2008. 3 years is quite a while, and while I did like the formula back then, there have been a few minor tweakings of the formula since then. I also haven't really used sunless tanners in last couple of years. I've actually outsourced all of my sunless tanning reviews to my cousin Ellery from Moms Life Made Easy since I've really embraced the pale. Until this week.

I was wandering around Walmart (as much as one can wander in a quick corner store run for hamburger buns and decongestant), and when I saw the display of Jergen Natural Glow I started to feel super pale in my sundress. Maybe it was time for a retest of that popular review? So, I picked up Natural Glow Healthy Complexion Daily Facial Moisturizer and Natural Glow Daily Revitalizing Moisturizer, both products in Fair to Medium skin tone. I'm naturally a cool toned pale girl.

Both products are meant to be used as your daily moisturizer on freshly washed skin. The products promise the gradual development of a natural looking tan within several days. While they take the place of regular moisturizer, there's no denying that these products are sunless tanners. There is still a definite DHA smell and I felt it was just as strong as most sunless tanners. I couldn't hide it under my perfume.

While the lotion sinks in pretty quickly, and I couldn't feel it on myself if I touched my skin, I still just felt a little sticky. Not much, just a little, and it only lasts for a few hours (this is about how long the smell lasts as well). I'm not sure why this is, but there you go. The lotion is hydrating enough for my combination skin on my face and body.

I'm super pale, think about 1/2 shade darker than Nicole Kidman. That's super pale. It only takes me 2 days to have noticeable color and after 3 days I'm pretty much at my max color. 4 days and I start turning orange. So, after 3 days I space out my use.

The Facial Moisturizer is SPF 20




My cousin Ellery from Mom's Life Made Easy is my usual sunless tanner reviewer, and she recently bought the Natural Glow as well! Stay tuned for her review tomorrow.

Jergens Natural Glow Moisturizers

4 comments

  1. Wow, we had a different take on a few things. You might want to include a little intro that I bought the medium-dark shade and that I have an olive complextion.
    Ellery
    www.MomsLifeMadeEasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so awesome that you'd post an update, that's awesome!

    I'm curious to know if anyone else has had bad breakouts from the Jergen's Face product. It gave me horrible cystic acne and even though I have fairly regular breakouts I've never had anything like that before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellery-
    I added it to the top of tomorrow's post, great idea! I think we both had good results in terms of color, but maybe I'm more sensitive to the smell? You thought it smelled fine. I'm trying out the firming formula next time! :D

    Jaime- I've heard of people having problems with clogged pores from this, though I haven't had that issue. Maybe someone will comment here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used Jergen's Tanner for years on my body and Clarins's gel tanner on my face. Now my new fav is the Avene Self Tanner for both. It's light weight, doesn't smell a bunch yet doesn't have a heavy masking perfume and I can really put a moisturizer over it if I want to do both steps at the same time.

    I too am pale like Nicole Kidman, but with that golden glow that comes from eating a lot of carrots and winter squash. I use that trick as my 'internal tanner'. http://www.drbaileyskincare.com/blog/skip-the-tan-eat-your-veggies-for-beautiful-skin-color/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...