Fall 2011: Bobbi Brown's Tortoise Collection

Fall 2011: Bobbi Brown's Tortoise Collection
I'm finally not melting every time I step outside and the end of summer sales have started. Which means I'm finally in the mood to talk about Fall's new makeup! Bobbi Brown is the master of neutral and just "pretty" in my opinion, and her fall Tortoise collection is my favorite so far. The collection was inspired by Bobbi's pair of tortoise shell frames.

Fall 2011: Bobbi Brown's Tortoise Collection
As usual, for me the stars of the show are definitely the eye shadow palettes. They are limited edition and a bit pricy at $60 a pop, but with the amazing neutrals found in each, I'm choosing to focus on the price per shadow. Which is $8.50. Rationalization? Yes, but it works!

Bronze Tortoise Shell Eye Palette
The Bronze palette is a collection of warm neutral makeup for medium to darker skin tones.

The shadows (from Left to Right, Top to Bottom):
• Banana: Buttery Cream
• Olive Sparkle: Golden Green
• Gold Nugget Sparkle: Yellow Gold
• Bronze: True Bronze
• Tiger's Eye Metallic: Golden Copper
• Copper Cocoa Shimmer Wash: Light Chocolate Brown
• Espresso: Dark Chocolate Brown
• Amber Shimmer Wash: Pink Bronze

Sand Tortoise Shell Eye Palette
Warm neutrals for those of us with lighter skin tones. I'm a pretty cool toned girl, but this palette looks like it would still work for me.

The shadows (from Left to Right, Top to Bottom):
• Ivory: Creamy White
• Terracotta: Warm Golden Nude
• Hot Stone: Medium Brown
• Desert Sand Metallic: Golden Beige
• Antique Rose: Warm Pink Nude
• Sandy Rose Metallic: Brown Bronze
• Black Chocolate: Black Brown
• Gold Bar Sparkle: Pale Gold


Bobbi Brown Cosmetics

5 comments

  1. I luv the bronze collection. but I agree quite pricey

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours are gorgeous :) Nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like the sand collection : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the Bronze collection. Yes, it's pricey, but I'm really loving it. I rarely wear eye makeup during the day, but I have worn shades from this palette every day this week--and, I've been getting tons of compliments on my eye makeup, which never happens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know what is wrong with me, I don't like neutral makeup. I blame it on my mother, we don't really wear makeup unless you can tell we're wearing makeup if you know what I mean!

    I would definitely pick the palette for darker skin in this case over the lighter one, much more my style.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...