Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation, review
I bought this foundation months, and months and months ago. Like, the day the display appeared at my local big box store. I keep trying it out, trying to figure out if I like it or not. I truthfully haven't decided yet.

Finding the exact right shade is not quite as easy as it seems. Phyrra found #110 too pink for her fair complexion while Pammy thought the #115 was a bit too orange, #110 was better for her. My complexion is usually closer to Pammy's, though I'm tone-wise a bit closer to Phyrra. I tried out #115, which was a good fit for my overall paleness, but definitely too pink for me. Us super pale girls, we're not just a dime a dozen. Oh no, we come in many different shades of pale, and it appears that finding just the right shade, even in a product line with many pale shades, is difficult. I wish the shades were neutral, yellow based tones or were labelled warm/cool, similar to Maybelline's sister L'Oreal does for their True Match line.

I fully admit that most tinted moisturizers aren't quite moisturizing enough for my dry cheeks, nor do they usually contain the sunscreen I want. I don't want to put tinted moisturizer everywhere, only certain areas. So, I tend to cheat and use it over a sunscreen lotion usually. Sometimes this makes things a bit too hydrating and hard to blend in correctly since I'm basically applying moisturizer over moisturizer.

Fit Me is definitely a light coverage foundation, with a somewhat dewy finish. I found it to be close to a tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage, so for me this is a tinted moisturizer alternative. I apply it over my sunscreen lotion, allowing plenty of time for the lotion to sink in. Fit Me seems to be somewhat picky about blending, as any lotion residue really prevents it from blending easily. I also found that any foundation brushes should stay far away as they just encourage streaking, instead use your fingers and a makeup sponge. The foundation can be layered for slightly more coverage, but I couldn't get close to a medium coverage no matter what I did.

I found that the foundation lasts on me for about 6-8 hours, if I've applied extra for increased coverage I'll have areas of caking as well. I do like that the coverage is light, so it's great for the summer, but not an all day foundation for me.


Fit Me Foundation has SPF 18.



Maybelline

1 comment

  1. I tried 110 and it's too yellow for me, I need a little more pink. I should try 115. I found this foundation to be too light coverage for my needs and I definitely had slight blending issues, nothing I couldn't deal with.

    drugofchoicebeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...