Summer-ize Your Make-Up!


Today I have a great guest post from Jaime, who has long been one of my favorite commenters on this blog. She recently started her own beauty blog, Drug of Choice Beauty, which as far as I know makes her the only beauty blogger based in Maine. Her reviews are fun and easy to read, I especially love her fashion and Face-Off Friday posts.


Can you believe it? Summer is here! Naturally, the first thing I think about is how to summer-ize my makeup and beauty routines. What kind of makeup junkie would I be if I didn't?

For a look that lasts all day you may have to add a few steps to your morning routine and that starts with primer. You'll want a good mattifying one to keep the shine off your face while you're soaking up those rays. Philosophy's The Present is so mattifying it can suck up sparkles from my cheek color. The multitasker can be used to soften lines and the appearance of pores either under foundation or alone. For best results let this product fully soak in before applying foundation or concealer. This is the perfect time to prime those eyes and get to work making them fabulous.

The best look for the beach as far as the eyes go is a pop of colorful liner topped off with waterproof mascara. Sure you can cower in the corner with your nude matte shadow or you can really come out and play with Cargo's Swimmable Waterproof Liners. For the faint at heart there's a gorgeous gold but you can't go wrong with the bright blue, purple and green also in the set. For $20 this four piece set can't be beat. When I swatched these suckers on my hand they seriously stayed overnight, through multiple handwashings and had to be scrubbed off in the AM but they easily remove with makeup remover. They appear to only be available in Ulta Stores but they're worth tracking down. To keep those lashes in check pick up Urban Decay's Cannonballs Mascara. Not only is it a cute name but the mascara made my lashes look amazing regardless of its waterproof-ness, a feat in itself.

The summer is the best time to try out brighter lipcolors, pinks more daring than you'd normally go, corals and peaches with more of an orange leaning than you'd dare to wear in the middle of a harsh winter. For that reason I'm really lusting over Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Moxie and Charisma, both brighter and bolder than my regular pink glosses. This amazing lipcolor is a liquid lipstick that goes on opaque and really does last all day.

Last but not least, let's give those cheeks some action. All that SPF should be keeping your skintone uniform and healthy but that doesn't mean you don't want a little color and Cargo comes to the rescue again with their Water Resistant Bronzer (seriously!). The color is believable even on my fair skin and buildable for those with darker complexions.

So swim until your heart is content, rock that bikini on the shore or beat the boys butts in beach volleyball all while looking gorgeous, all summer long. Are there any products out there that you just can't live without in the summer months? I'm dying to know.

Drug of Choice Beauty

2 comments

  1. Aww thanks so much! I can't express how grateful I am for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow such a nice blog..
    Thanks a lot Christine for tips on how to summarize makeup.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...