Diane by Diane von Furstenburg Fragrance Review

I full admit to being a DVF fan. I love her clothing (though it is usually a tad out of my price range. And I'm a doctor.), I love her crusade against counterfeit goods and love that she's done it all on her own terms. When I heard that she was releasing her first new fragrance in about 8 years I had to try it out!

Diane is a woody floral that features the Frangipani flower, which has long been Diane's favorite. Frangipani is a large white flower that Diane first discovered on a trip to Bali, so you know that it isn't a "typical" white floral. It has been combined with Freesia, Pink Peppercorn, Patchouli and musk.

Notes:
Top Notes: Pink Peppercorn and White Freesia
Middle Notes: Frangripani,Violet
Base Notes: Myrrh, Musk, Patchouli

When I initially apply Diane I get a whole lot of Pink Peppercorn and a little bit of something floral, which I think is the Frangripani. I'm not a Pink Peppercorn fan (I've refused to review fragrances in the past that heavily feature this note), so it's a good thing that with the dry down it diminishes! I just grin and bear it.

For me, the dry down was unusually long at about 30 minutes. Once I've gotten through it, the Pink Peppercorn has faded somewhat, and the florals have come forward a bit. I can now smell the Freesia and Frangripani, though there is just a bit of a violet edge. The Pink Peppercorn is still present but no longer demanding attention and everything is grounded by a little bit of a quiet patchouli and a slightly heavier musk. While describe as a woody floral, I definitely did feel it was more woody floral with a bit of an oriental twist.

With so much of a woodsy feel, I did think that the fragrance was trying for the sexy vibe, and somewhat succeeding... though perhaps trying a tad too hard to get there? I can see this as a great fragrance for heading out in an overly ambitious dress and sky high heels. But it doesn't seem to be a good match for the understated sexy wrap dresses that Diane has designed to build her empire.

Diane by Diane von Furstenburg

No comments

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...