Artistry Skin Care: Microdermabrasion and Intensive Peel Review

I know what you're thinking. Isn't that a picture of an Amway product? Yes, it is. I'm not sure why Amway has a certain cache in the US (it likely has to do with the door to door nature of selling?) for some reason most Americans don't think very highly of it, despite elevating their opinions of similar companies such as Avon and Mary Kay. For the last couple of decades Amway has concentrated their efforts in markets outside of the US, areas like Asia, where they are insanely popular.

More recently, Amway has been really upping their A Game, though most Americans are unaware of this. To help get the word out, they sent me a few products to try out, and later today there will be a huge giveaway.

Artistry sent me their Microdermabrasion System and Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel to try out. Read on to see what I thought.

Microdermabrasion System
The microderm system is actually a package deal of 3 Artistry products: Polishing Scrub, MicroExfoliation Cloth and Ski Refinishing Lotion. While you could obviously purchase them separately, they do work together quite nicely and they're cheaper together.

I think the workhorse of the trio is actually the MicroExfoliation Cloth.
It isn't really a cloth, it's almost a cloth/paper hybrid really. You can see that it is thicker than a paper towel, though no where near a regular washcloth. It is made up of very fine fibers and has a slight texture to it. When wet, it really does function just like a regular wash cloth. When rubbed against your skin (I like little circles) I thought it did a great job of lightly exfoliating my skin. I wouldn't go totally crazy with it, you could probably rub your skin raw pretty easily, but a few light circles on my forehead, chin and nose really did make me more glowy.

Artistry essentials Polishing Scrub
This scrub is very lightly scented, has a slightly gel-like consistency and is a bit deceiving when you look at it. It is a light grey/purple color with occasional purple dots in the mix. When I first put some in my hand I was disappointed. "That's all the grit in this scrub??" Well, once you start using the scrub it does get better. It turns out the little purple dots aren't all you get. The purple dots are small and rounded, but not really frequent enough to make a difference. The rest of the scrub does have even smaller round grit that I really liked. When combined with the MicroExfoliation Cloth the smaller grit can do a great job of exfoliating skin evenly without tearing into it.




Artistry Time Defiance Skin Refinishing Lotion
I haven't quite figured out this lotion. It is light and hydrating, though not overly so for my combination skin. Look at the ingredient list and you'll find that 2 of the top 3 ingredients are silicones. I think this knowledge actually helps understand what this lotion really is like. Because to me, this isn't purely a lotion. The high amount of silicone does make it feel pretty slick, though still a lotion. It sinks into skin easily, but when it does you'll notice that your skin feels really smooth and imperfections like tone and texture problems, suddenly are a bit improved. And then when you go to apply makeup over this lotion, you'll understand that really this is quite a bit like silicone based makeup primers (such as Smashbox's Photofinish), but in a much easier to use lotion form.





Intensive Skincare Renewing Peel
If you've been curious about peels but afraid to try them, this is a great one to start with. The peel is a clear lotion/gel consistency, and spreads easily on skin. It doesn't hurt, sting or even tingle at all. After a few minutes you simply wash it off. Because it automatically returns itself to pH 5.5, shutting off the exfoliation. It is a pretty exfoliating peel, my skin felt like buttah afterwards, but I had absolutely no redness, irritation or flaking. I just had very glowy skin and fewer clogged pores. Exactly the outcome you'd want from a peel!





Artistry Skin Care by Amway

1 comment

  1. This set sounds great. I adore the cloth because they up the exfoliation without adding another step to my routine.

    Jaime
    Drug of Choice Beauty

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...