Maybelline Great Lash, Big Edition: Does Great Lash Finally Live Up to the Hype?

Maybelline Great Lash, Big Lashes, Review
Back in 1991 when Allure magazine was launched, I was just about to start high school and my obsession with beauty products was just beginning. I would pore over every issue, coveting products and buying pretty much anything and everything I could afford with my meager babysitting and candy store salaries (I was the girl that made fudge at the candy store. I swear I couldn't smell chocolate for years I was so desensitized).

So, I swear to you that Maybelline Great Lash was probably mentioned in about 75% of Allure's issues back in the early 1990s. There was always a makeup artist in there somewhere raving about it. They loved the stuff. I had no idea why. I would buy a tube, try it out... and... blah. Just, blah. My lashes weren't long. They weren't volumized. Finally I found out why the makeup artists loved it so much. It was a bit thinner than many other mascaras, so it was great for applying over another mascara. And since models were always running late from their previous runway show.... it was perfect. But for me, wanting amazing lashes for school? Not so much.

I haven't used Great Lash since then. I frequently call it the most over rated mascara on the market. But, I think that my feelings might be changing. Because they've come out with 2 new versions of Great Lash, and they're both much better!

This is the "Big" version. The formula is different than the original Great Lash, they call it Volumizing though it still has the same no smudging/flaking benefits. I think the real change is the brush. Gone is the little spindly brush that didn't really work well for me. This new brush is larger, picks up all of your lashes though it doesn't allow them to clump together. The right amount of mascara is very easy to apply, and really there are no issues with clumps.

I think overall this mascara gives some length and curl, but mostly it is a great volumizer. The results are still natural looking, but I definitely had much more volume. The results lasted throughout the day.

Maybelline Great Lash

1 comment

  1. I may have to give it another try as I always thought it was the most overrated mascara too! It was so clumpy on me and I couldn't understand all the love it got. I love Cover Girl mascara, the ones in the big fat orange or purple tubes. But Great Lash might be worth checking out again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...