Combating Winter: Super Clean Your Skin

Today's Combating Winter tip comes from Dr. Debra Jaliman, whose advice I've been reading for years in magazines like Allure and Vogue. I'm so honored that she contributed to this series! She has a book coming out next month, Skin Rules, which promises to be a great "how-to" book for great skin.


As a dermatologist in private practice and a mom I never seem to have enough time for everything I want to do.

I really like the sonic technology to super clean skin without causing irritation and to give it great glow. It also helps products penetrate better as the dead skin cells are removed. So whether you are using anti-aging products or acne products they will be more effective as they absorb into the skin. Clarisonic makes the best one because it has a choice of different brush heads but it is also the most expensive. Olay Pro X Advanced Cleansing System is another good choice and is less costly. Neutrogena Wave Spinning Power Cleanser is the least expensive option. They all offer great exfoliation a great pick-me-up for dull winter skin.


Debra Jaliman MD is a well known dermatologist in New York. Her practice on 5th Avenue has been on the cutting edge of dermatology for over 25 years. She was among the first to use Botox, and her office remains a national training center for Allergan. Dr. Jaliman has provided dermatological and skincare expertise to several top medical and consumer brands and companies, including Banana Boat, Elizabeth Arden, Noxema, Ortho Pharmaceutical Corporation, Philips Norelco, Proctor & Gamble, SmithKlein Beecham and more. She has been featured in many national magazines such as Allure, Cosmopolitan, Elle, Fitness, Glamour, Harper’s Bazaar, InStyle, Ladies’ Home Journal, Lucky, More, Newsweek, O, The Oprah Magazine, Parents, Prevention, Shape, The New York Times, Vogue and more.

In March Dr. Jaliman's new book, "Skin Rules: Trade Secrets From a Top New York Dermatologist" will be released. See the official site of Skin Rules or pre-order Skin Rules on Amazon.



Note from Christine- I've reviewed 2 of the 3 cleansing systems that Dr. Jaliman mentioned, and I'm currently using the 3rd (the Olay Pro X) for a future review. Stay tuned for a review soon!

3 comments

  1. I would love to see how the alternatives compare to the Clarisonic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my dermatology practice the Clarisonic far outperforms the other mechanical skin cleansing systems. The brush doesn't rotate, it vibrates while the sonic waves do their thing to get down into the pores with cleanser. Debris is 'lifted' out yet the brush does not scratch the skin. I, my patients and staff LOVE our Clarisonics. I was so blown away by how well it works that I finally bought a Sonicare toothbrush and love that too! This technology rocks for clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree Cynthia. The sonic motion makes all the difference! I'll post a review of the Olay soon and then in a separate post I'll discuss the differences between all of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...