MAC Beth Ditto: Powder to the People Review and Swatch

MAC Beth Ditto: Powder to the People Review and Swatch

So, here it is... the compact that is confusing everyone. It is the size of a powder, can be sheer or more pigmented and MAC even talks about using it to highlight your eye area. Is it a highlighter? Something to use all over like a bronzer? Or are you meant to use those colored dots like eye shadows? Or, like me, do you not really care because the polka dots are just so much fun?

It's really hard to say. Read more to check out a few swatch pics.


So, I should have thought out the locations of my arm swatches a bit more. You can see that the dots are definitely more pigmented than the surrounding pink. I find the difference in pigmentation a bit strange. If everything was sheer, it would be easy to use with a big fluffy brush all over. I did that, but you'll need a really big brush to make everything sheer. Luckily the dots are big enough that it is easy to target them if you want to use them.


I also found the consistency of the powder to be a bit more... powdery? Which sounds strange, but it did break apart more easily than many other MAC face powders and eye shadows. I dug around in it a bit to show that the color of the dots goes all the way down.

So, what do you think? Is this something you'd use as a face powder or for a shadow? Or, would you just look at the dots because they're cute?


MAC Cosmetics

5 comments

  1. I'm going to pass on this one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine using it for anything...as cute as it is it shows up gross on skin when blended together and I have no interest in messing around with it just to get the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use this when i cant be bothered or dont have the time to use loads of make up products. After applying a base i use a powder brush over the hole palette and use it as a bronzer, then i use the blue as a eyeliner and the yellow in the inner corners of my eye, i use a blush brush and miss out the blue and dark brown to use as a blusher and the yellow and pink as a highlight. I find this give a nice natural look xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the multi-poweder colored disk by Guerlin - its sheer and you can use a large fluffy brush to apply. It has numerous colors on the pallet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's cuter than it is useful, I can't see using it at all ever when I have other products that are dual purpose and I can easily assume work better.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...