Quick Look: Wednesday at Home

My daughter is starting to give up her morning naps. **sniffle, sniffle** True, at 18 months she's been working on this a while, but we've hit the point where 1 nap days are starting to number 2 nap days. Which also means that getting dressed in the morning is about to become a whole lot harder!

Today we got a morning nap (yeah!), so I took a few extra minutes to play around with some of my BFTE eye shadows. I wanted something pretty and neutral, but a little bit more special than just a quick wash of 1 color.

What I Used
1. L'Oreal Youth Code BB Cream: I'm just starting to use this BB cream, which I'm liking quite a bit so far. It isn't as much coverage as my Dr. Jart BB Creams, but it is more than most tinted moisturizers. The color is a great match for me as well.

2. Tweezerman Eye Lash Curler: I'm a bit of a late convert to the expensive eye lash curler thing (for years I didn't get it and just replaced my cheap ones from the drug store), but this thing is amazing. The curve is a bit different so it actually fits my eye (shocker, I know), and the harder rubber bumper on it means that rather than a bend I get a pretty curl.

3. MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Blonde: I really love the very lightly pigmented powders that you can get from MAC, Bobbi Brown and Milani. I put a very light layer on my t-zone, temples and under my cheeks (basically, where a less pale person would put bronzer) and it makes me look much more awake and healthy! I use so little that you can't even see the color, but it definitely makes a difference.

4. CoverGirl Perfection Point Plus liner in black: I like that this liner is so fine and just needs to be twisted up for use. It smudges nicely right after application but seems to stay put very nicely afterwards.

5. L'Oreal MagicLumi Concealer: I just bought this and today I took off the wrapper. It appears to be the L'Oreal version of everyone YSL Eclat Touche Concealer. It's a light to medium coverage for a concealer and has a little bit of a peachy-pink tint to help cancel out under eye circles. I believe it has some light diffusion as well. It seemed to work pretty well, though it wasn't enough coverage for my visible vessel under my right eye (not a shocker, this is always a struggle for me). I'm now at hour 12 and it is still going strong. Hopefully this is a winner!

6. MAC Cremesheen Gloss in Double Happiness: I pulled this out of a MAC shipment last night, and it was here on my counter begging to be used! This is a very pretty neutral shade that just amped up my natural lip color a tad. Very easy for anyone to wear.

7. L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara, Power Collagen in black: I confess that I'm not 100% sure about the name of this mascara, because my tube says something different than the tube on the L'Oreal site. It's part of the Voluminous line and was recently released (I bought mine about 6 weeks ago). I've found that it adds great volume and length that lasts all day, though I do sometimes need to do a little lash combing because of a few clumps.

8. Too Faced Shadow Insurance: I have a lot of different shadow primers, but at the suggestion of Phyrra, I use this one now under any loose shadows. It really, really outperforms some of my other choices (MUFE, Urban Decay and NYX), simply because it is very slightly tacky feeling, so it grabs onto the shadow to keep it on the lid.

9. BFtE Shadowin Dusty Rose:

10. MAC Pigment in Jigs & Jive: I got this in a MAC holiday set I don't even know how many years ago. I've never used it before, but I could never bear to give it away, it's so pretty! It worked well, though I confess I actually like the loose powders from BFtE and Fyrinnae more.

11. BFtE Shadow in Beautiful

12. BFtE Shadow in Sweet Nothings

13. L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer Liner in blackest black: I really like the gel/potted eye liners, but this is the first from a mass market brand that I've loved. It's every bit as good as the MAC and Bobbi Brown versions. Really.


So, the first steps of this look are a bit obvious. BB Cream to the face, concealer as needed. I used the Mineralfinish all over but also as a blush. I then prepped my lids with a very light layer of the Shadow Insurance and gave it a minute or two to set up. I then applied my shadows (look! I made you a chart to make up for not taking pics of each step), and my liners. I used the CoverGirl pencil along my lower lash line and the L'Oreal Lacquer Liner along the upper lash line, slightly thicker at the outer edge. Finally I curled my lashes, applied my mascara and swiped on some gloss!

I think my final look was pretty (and probably a bit more complicated than it needed to be), but I was happy with it. What do you think?


8 comments

  1. Beautiful eye look, and I am loving your hair in these pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Youth Code BB Cream is a nice match for you! Do you remember if you are wearing the lightest shade available (I am thinking I am 1-shade lighter than you)? You have such a pretty at-home look! I need to get more motivated to curl my hair for days at home (yet it always seems to go up in a pony tail anyway, lol!). I don't know what I will do when Skylar gives up her morning nap. Ack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - you are beautiful in these colors. I will be interested in seeing how the concealor is, that is my biggest struggle with under eye circles - very dark. Thanks@! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    I curled my hair with my Beachwaver, which doesn't take much time. Since my hair is fried, I set it at 390, which was actually just as easy as using it at 450. What was I thinking??? I should have set it lower previously and not hurt my hair. Oh well! @Pammy, I like to curl it one day and then I have 2nd day slightly wavy hair the next. The time investment on 1 day is enough to mean 1 minute hair the next day, I just use a wide tooth comb and stick pins or a barrette in to pull it out of my face the next.

    Re: the BB Cream, I can only see 2 shades on the L'Oreal site (light, which is this one, and medium), so it's probably too dark for you Pam. I think you'd need Fair if they make it. They do have a 2nd BB cream, Magic Light, and that has more shades, though I haven't seen it in stores.

    @Linda, have you tried using a corrector and then a concealer? Most dark circles are pretty blue, and need a peach or orange to correct. Bobbi Brown has a corrector, but there are lower priced version from NYX and CoverGirl. By canceling out the blue, I've found that my circles can be a lot easier to cover! Luckily I only need to do that step when I'm having allergy problems, but it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the coolest blog! I love your collages and how tos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks gorgeous! How long does it take you to curl your hair with the beachwaver? Do you still follow the same steps you did initially or have you revised your system?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks!
    It's taking about 10 minutes, the only thing I've changed is that I grab bigger chunks now, it looks a bit better that way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks amazing for such a quick face especially. My 16 month old grandson is being weaned off his morning nap and I'm exhausted from it! By the time he goes home I look horrible. Maybe I need to be a copycat.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...