Perilously Pale's Super Fast Smoky Eye Look


fast beauty
When it comes to being in a hurry the steps I tend to skip in my usual beauty routine are under eye concealer, bronzer, highlighter, and contouring. I also try to use products that require as little tools as possible. For example a brow pencil with attached spoolie or a foundation that I know looks good applied with fingers. Some steps that I can't bare to skip even though I know it would be a time saver are primers. I can't stress the importance of properly priming your skin and eye areas prior to makeup application. It can make such a monumental difference in the performance, longevity, and appearance of the makeup products you apply.

When I'm in a rush I like to reach for eye palettes that have all the shades I need and that can achieve a sophisticated look with only 2 or 3 shades of eyeshadow. I love the Dior 3 Couleurs Smoky palettes for this because they contain a base/browbone/inner corner highlight shade as well as a beautiful complex shade for the lid paired with a matte shade for the crease. These are no brainer, ready-to-wear palettes that achieve a beautiful result with effortless blending. Even though the palettes are "smoky palettes" they come in wearable shade combinations that are in no way over the top and totally daytime appropriate. That being said you may think I'm a nut! "Really? Christa reaches for a smoky eye palette when she's in a hurry? I just throw on some liner and mascara and go." Well there are two reasons that even in a hurry I go a little "all out". a) I'm a makeup nut. Duh! b) I have small, undefined, hooded eyes. Without makeup my eyes are practically invisible so it is simply habit for me to play them up a little more than the average gal.

Another time saver is that when I'm in a hurry rather than reaching for my holy grail brow product, Anastasia Brow Powder Duo, I reach for a brow pencil instead. Beyond that I reach for a traditional pencil rather than the super fine tipped ones I usually prefer as you can apply them in a lot less time.

Here are the products I used in this look. It took a grand total of 8.5 minutes to apply. I apologize for the flaky skin. I'm testing out a new retinol product and my skin is quite sensitive.

Face:
Rouge Bunny Rouge Prelude in The Clouds Aqua Primer
Rouge Bunny Rouge Milk Aquarelle Foundation in Coconut Milk Parfait
Fresh Face Lustre in Fair Isle
NARS Outlaw Blush

Eyes:
Make Up For Ever Eye Prime
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
Dior Smoky Brown Trio
Marcelle Waterproof Eyeliner in Midnight Black to tighline only
Maybelline Full n Soft Waterproof Mascara
Boots no 7 Brow Pencil in Blonde

Lips:
Dior Addict Lipstick in Beige Perfection from Fall 2012 (This has become a go to staple for me.)

I only used 4 brushes for the application of this look. My MAC 239 and 222 eye brushes, MAC 187 Duo Fibre brush, and my EcoTools Powder Brush.

Hope you enjoyed this peek into my on the go mommy fast makeup routine!




Christa is the blogger from Perilously Pale, where she features amazing makeup looks and product reviews. When she isn't blogging, she is a professional makeup artist and is raising her family.

7 comments

  1. Very flattering colors on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh-this woman can't get any more beautiful, can she? I'm not a mom, but I sure could use this routine on days when I hit the snooze a bit too often.

    GREAT LOOK-you're winning me over to that Dior beige lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! Christa is really pretty, her eye looks are always amazing. I want to have her do my makeup someday, I think she does amazing work! I love that lipstick as well, it's a perfect neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! I almost always have to apply my makeup quickly now so this is so useful. Of course I'm browsing swatches of the Dior Smoky Brown right now, thanks for the lemming girls :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't look this good when I spend half an hour! Beautiful look and now I have to beg my sister for my Dior back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! How many cosmetics she had used? But she is looking great.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...