Makeup Wars: Holiday Night Out Look

Makeup Wars: Holiday Night Out Look
This week for Makeup Wars we've decided to showcase a holiday look. I was thinking of New Year's Eve (because really, most office holiday parties are long gone). I wanted to go smokey, but given how pale I seem to be right now... well, black wasn't going to happen. I didn't want to look like the hot mess Britney has this season on X Factor (I looked for a while, I can't find a picture, but really, it was bad)...

Anyways, I decided to do a slightly more intense and darker version of one of my every day eye looks.

I prepped my eye area with a little concealer and then a light layer of Too Faced Shadow Insurance Primer. Next I added a rough fill of Stila Smudge Stick in Tetra all over my lid. I blended it with my finger.

I patted Stila Grace shadow over my lid, extending it slightly over the edge of the liner.

Next I applied a little Stila Heather shadow into my crease, blending it down and a little bit up on to the brow bone.

A very light highlight of L'Oreal Gold Imperial in the center of my lid. It didn't show up very well in this picture, but in person it was there and pretty!

When lining my eyes I applied Elizabeth Arden Smoky liner first, really smudging it in to my lash line and then a little on my lower waterline. Next to keep the liner intense I applied a line of Stila Stay All Day Waterproof over the pencil.

Next I completed the look! There was a lot of shadow fallout, so I cleaned up with a makeup wipe, and then applied my foundation. I used CoverFX Total Cover Cream Foundation, and then used the IT Cosmetics concealer under my eyes and around my nose. I used Cargo Colorstick in Key West on my cheeks and set everything with CoverFX Matte Setting Powder. This really decreases the intensity of the blush, but with a second layer over the powder the blush will last all day.

Next I finished the eye look. A little Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil and I'm ready for my lashes. I curled them and then layered MAC Plush Lash and CoverGirl Clump Crusher.

Finally, the last touch is lips! A light layer of Passion Fruit Cheek and Lip Stain and then Stila gloss in Grapefruit.


Here's a peek at the completed look again. Not too bad for someone that was up most of the night coughing! I was soooo close to doing a purple smoky eye, so I think that's up next!








6 comments

  1. I love your look and I'm convinced you're like those beautiful Grey's Anatomy doctors that don't really exist anywhere but in the movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look beautiful! That lip color is perfect for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you layered the gold! So pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make me feel bad for ignoring those Stila shadows. There was a time that I wore those almost every day. That gold over them is just perfect too. I love it all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. In person this was a VERY big eye, with red lips it would have been too much.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...