My 2013 Beauty Resolutions

January is a great month for deciding that you'll completely change your life style, make yourself a better, new improved version of yourself, and that will of course, magically fix all of your problems. Right??

Well, maybe not so much. I'm pretty boring when it comes to my resolutions. Or maybe, just more realistic. In 2012 I resolved that I would stop going to bed without washing my face (yes, even beauty bloggers do it sometimes), and I'd say I was pretty successful. I still do it on occasion, but that is a lot less often than I did in 2011.

So, what am I going to do this year?

1. Pay more attention to ignored (and aging) areas... Like my hands, chest and neck. I typically will spread any extra face cream down on to my neck, but it isn't every night and it isn't enough for my chest, the back of my neck or the back of my hands. It's time to use a little more and hit those areas too.

2. I'm not perfect with that face washing thing. Keep working on that.

3. As much as I love nail polish, I've been pretty lazy about having a mani over the holidays. Time to break out some of my pretties!


I think resolving to do much more wouldn't be productive. What are you going to be doing?







10 comments

  1. I'm so with you on taking better care of my neglected hands and chest and MORE manis! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admirable resolutions -- and quite doable, too. I'm also resolving to pay more attention to my hands and neck. My chest seems to be doing OK with just extra cream occasionally wiped down on it. Because I usually wear clothing that doesn't reveal my chest (or expose it to sunlight), I think it's been spared the sundamage that my face, hands and arms get every day.

    I also resolve to use one skincare product for a reasonable period of time (at least a month) before jumping in to try another one. It's very tempting to use a different treatment product every day... but this year I am going to focus on keeping things simpler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your resolutions! They're to the point and attainable. You've actually reminded and inspired me to slather lotion on my neck <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always neglect my neck, chest, and hands too. Ack!!! Must add that to my list, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHHA. I love this. And I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You need to have resolutions that you have a chance of actually doing which is why I didn't include exercise on my list!
    I need to work more on anti-aging of things other than my face too. Good resolution.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Come to think of it, I need to pay more attention to my hands and such too. I might steal your resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Get on the face washing thing immediately. I am now the queen of makeup removing wipes and can say that hands down, none remove every bit of trace of makeup better than the Josie Maran Bear Naked Wipes. I have tried them ALL (I think!) and these seriously work best. I was sick of using wipe after wipe after wipe to still see traces of makeup in my pores or on my toner pad. I never get that with these and seriously, only one wipe does it all. Can you tell I LOVE these wipes? Anyway, your skin will thank you for it. I stuck to that goal two years ago and can honestly say my skin is better overall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are like me - don't make lofty resolutions that you can't live up to! I need to pay more attention to my neck and chest as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...