10 Easy Anti-Aging Tips That Anyone Can Do!

easy anti-aging tips
Here is a list of easy tips that you can incorporate into your daily life. These tips, along with your anti-aging beauty routine, will keep you looking younger for longer.

1. SPF Those Hands: A woman’s hands are a tell tale sign of her age. Try a hand cream like the No7 Protect & Perfect Hand Cream with SPF 15.

2. Don’t Forget Your Neck: When applying moisturizer to your face, remember to apply it to your neck too. I apply mine in an upward motion to defy gravity for as long as possible!

3. Keep Those Pearly Whites- By using a natural teeth whitener, you will keep your smile looking younger. Try using this simple at-home recipe from Dr. Oz:
“In a small bowl, mix a little bit of baking soda with the juice of a freshly squeezed lemon. The mixture should bubble slightly. Using a cotton swab, wipe saliva and excess plaque from your teeth before brushing on the mixture. Leave the mixture on your teeth for a minute before gently brushing it off with a toothbrush. Don’t leave the mixture on your teeth for any longer than a minute, the acid erodes tooth enamel.”

4. Don’t Suck: Out of straw that is! Drinking from a straw creates fine lines around your lips and mouth that can be avoided.

5. Stop Making Faces: Squinting and frowning causes deep wrinkles on your forehead and around the mouth. If you feel like you are squinting while on the computer, try making your text larger or turning down the brightness on your monitor.

6. Back is Best: Sleeping on your back helps to avoid wrinkles on your face and chest.

7. Pucker Up: Keep your lips smooth by exfoliating them with a damp toothbrush. For more pampering, use Sara Happ’s “the lip scrub” that comes in the most amazing flavors like Vanilla Bean and Red Velvet.

8. Get Your 7 Hours: To look your best you must get at least 7 hours of sleep every night!

9. Take A Break: If you are feeling stressed, or have been sitting at your computer for too long, step away and do some stretching, meditation, or yoga to get your body moving. Your mind and body will thank you.

10. Smile: A smiling face that radiates with happiness will make you look instantly younger!

10 quick anti-aging tips anyone can do

Kim Porter has been in the makeup industry since 2001, establishing herself as one of the most sought after makeup artists in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. Her work can be seen in local and national wedding magazines, television for Fox News and CNBC, and her work with individual and group makeup lessons. Currently she is working on creating her signature line of cosmetics, Kim Porter Cosmetics, that will highlight flattering shades that are easy to use for all women. She lives with her husband and two children and blogs about makeup in her free time. You can see all of her work at Makeup by Kim Porter.

photo via D Sharon Pruitt

7 comments

  1. I don't get enough sleep because of insomnia and I make too many faces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always heard that sleeping on your back is good for your skin. I tried sleeping on my back but I end on on my stomach lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list. I'd just like to add that if you do want to use a straw to stop drinks from staining your newly whitened teeth, hold the straw against the roof of your mouth with your tongue, leaving your lips closed but relaxed. You can actually drink from it without pursing your lips into wrinkled prunes. Try it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent advice!!! I try to sleep on my back, but it seldom lasts all night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post!!! Unfortunately, I really need to get working on these. I never get enough sleep, sleep on my side, drink through straws, and I always forget SPF on my neck and hands. MUST start working on this list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent tips! I MUST TRY and remember to appy sunscreen to my hands. Who needs age spots on their hands?

    The only tip I'll have trouble with is sleeping on my back. I am such a side sleeper. Aaahhh....the things we do for beauty, ladies....even in our sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I go to bed I lay on my back but end up on my stomachm Geesh.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Please ask away, provide info on how you liked something, etc. Note that spam, comments with random links (which I count as spam), anything not in english (again, spam) and comments that are completely unrelated to anything will all be deleted.

Never miss a post
Name: 
Your email address:*
Please enter all required fields
Correct invalid entries
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...